PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Caravan, question

lk_wicked
04-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Just wondering.... When I turn the dial for the heat /and or air conditioner, nothing works until I turn the dial to the last click. What would be the cause of that, and where would I go to get it fixed? Dodge dealership has totally taken advantage of me, the last couple times I went there. So I would rather not deal with them. They are on strike now anyway.

Paully
04-14-2010, 02:48 AM
open your glove box, pull in the sides a bit and it will open up flipping down giving you access to behind it. you will see a plug with wires and 2 screws on each side,.. unplug the unit and remove the screws. the little packe will then be easy to remove. This is called a resistor pack, it will look like a bunch of different sized springs, there is a thermal fuse inside it that has blown, leaving you with only the high speed setting on your fan. I serviced mine without a problem and changed the thremal fuse myself. the dealership will chage you a new thermal pack plus an hour labour.

if you need a hand to have it pulled out,.. give me a call,.. 942-9675,.. takes me 4 minutes to have it out.

lk_wicked
04-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Thank you so much. I appreciate the help.