PDA

View Full Version : Car makes groaning noise

iluvchristian
04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
So our car is getting old and has a few problems. One of them is, that when you get in/out of the car, or drive over bumps, it makes kind of a groaning noise. Anyone have a guess as to what it could be? I googled it, but couldn't find anyone with our exact problem.

Anapeg
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Start checking suspension parts. Might be rubbers or worn equipment. Either way you could be facing a disaster and not know it. A catastrophic failure can end unpleasantly. Some older Fords had a way of needing lubrication on rubber bushings to quiet them but other than that it could require a mechanic.

NewCasa
04-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Sounds like either a busted coil or a dead shock. Take it to Speedy and have them check it out on the hoist. Just have them check that or they'll be recommending you do all sorts of other stuff too.

Carolyn
04-26-2010, 07:54 AM
When we had problems with our Caravan groaning it ended up needing a new sway bar and sway bar bushings. If I remember correctly I think it cost around $500.00 for it.

DM46
07-20-2010, 07:25 AM
that sounds like stabilizer bushings, or strut bearings.

Barry Morris
07-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Why not just tell them to do a safety inspection. Limited cost, a complete list of what's wrong, and if nothing, no worries.

A noise can be a symptom, but sometimes it's just a noise.