PDA

View Full Version : what are your favorite kabob combinations

Melanie Booker
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
with bbq weather here i'm having mad cravings for kabobs. what are your favorite things to stab and bbq?

kitca
04-15-2010, 07:27 PM
there is a recipe in the pampered chef grillin or summer cookbook with the best kabobs ever! chicken, fresh pineapple, mushroom, red peppers with a brown sugar glaze. we now skip the stabbing and just bbq it it a grill pan thingie.

Melanie Booker
04-16-2010, 10:49 AM
oh, that sounds so good! i love the sound of grilled pineapple!
i was wondering about glazing. we haven't glazed any yet but i sure will try it.

kitca
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
ill look it up and write out the recipe

gouligann
04-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I have one of those grill thingys too. A LOT easier than kabobs.

Marinade Glaze recipe I use: In a measuring cup, put 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tbsp juice from pineapple can if you're using canned, 3-4 tbsp Dianna sauce or whatever bbq sauce you like, and spices (garlic, Lawry's, salt, pepper, etc... whatever you like)

I cut up red peppers, mushrooms, chunks of onions, zuccinin and pineapple slices into thirds, broccoli, celery, cauliflour, asparagus, etc. Whatever veggies cook well on a grill. You can even toss in cut up pieces of cooked chicken, steak, shrimp, bacon and/or pork, and serve all this on rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. Double the marinade recipe if you add meat to this.

Pour mixture over vegetables/fruit and marinate for at least 1/2 hour. Cook on bbq (reserve the marinade in bowl for later) in the grill thingy on med turning carefully, until they are tender but not mushy. Put back into the marinade bowl and give them one last mix with the marinade. Totally yummy!

Melanie Booker
04-29-2010, 11:35 AM
hot dam! that sounds so good!
thinking that will be our supper one night this weekend. thanks!

MaO3
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I make a grilled pineapple desert - its so good & really quite simple.

1 nice ripe pineapple - whole

1/3 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup of rum or orange liquor
1/2 tsp cinnimon
mix the three above ingredients and set aside.

cut the top & bottom off of the pineapple
cut in half, then in quarters, remove the strip of core left on each quarter.
Remove from skin - but try not to damage the skin , it will resemble little boats

cut the 1/4's in slices and arrange on the skins. Brush with the marinade and grill.

When I make these I usually have to have two pineapples, my family loves them.

Its a nice desert after a bbq.

Melanie Booker
04-29-2010, 12:50 PM
mmm i wonder if food basics still has the pineapples on for 97cents? i got one on the weekend and it was really good. i should have bought more but i wasn't sure if it was going to be sweet or not.

MaO3
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
My husband and I just talked on about the weekend and planned our meals, on will be kabobs with grilled pineapple for desert. Ymmmmm

chase_me
05-01-2010, 10:49 PM
we do grilled fruit kabobs it is so yummy, pineapple, cherries, strawberries, blueberries if you can get big enough ones.

NewCasa
05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Jello and chocolate.

Blue Lotus Rising
05-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Jello and chocolate.

I see you got your freak flag flying- WTG!!!

You're not in Goulais anymore. Do try to fit in, ha!

NewCasa
05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I see you got your freak flag flying- WTG!!!

You're not in Goulais anymore. Do try to fit in, ha!

Hey, you can take the dude outa Goulais but you can't take the Goulais outa the dude!

Blue Lotus Rising
05-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey, you can take the dude outa Goulais but you can't take the Goulais outa the dude!

Lmao I know, right?

NewCasa
05-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Lmao I know, right?

Hmm....Goldschlager jello shooter kabobs?