PDA

View Full Version : Writing too small

BAILEYDOG
04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't know what i did (or the kids did) but the writing on my internet explorer 8 became very small recently and I don't know how to fix it. I do know that the resolution setting did not change on the setting screen and everything else seems normal, any ideas how to make it bigger would be appreciated.

GRUMPY
04-21-2010, 07:30 AM
hit the page tab on upper right and go down to text size

Upper Decker
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Its not the text size, its the zoom function was hit. Bottom right corner of the browser you will see a magnifying glass with a number and percentage next to it. Change it back to 100% or whatever size you were using.

GRUMPY
04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
easier just to use Firefox

BAILEYDOG
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Buffalo that did the trick, thank you I always saw that down there but never paid attention to what it was. learn something new every day!

Upper Decker
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
LOL, do you have anything to base this off of? Or just following the crowd? Firefox has become just as bloated and crappy as the rest of the browsers out there.
Case and point:

1 single instance of IE : 22k - opens instanstly
1 single instance if FF : 36k - takes about 3 seconds to open

Why needlessly add 3rd party software to the OS when what comes with it is just fine? Adding to unnecessarily is when problems start. I used to be pro - open source until it got just as bloated and crappy as the rest.

Because going through a series of menus is always so much easier then a single click on the browser.

verotik66
04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
cntl +

GRUMPY
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I just find everything that I need is out in the open while everything seems to be hid away in explorer as for the difference in speed what does a second here or there matter.