PDA

View Full Version : A few gardening questions

iluvchristian
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone has started their seeds for veggies yet? Planted any fruit shrubs yet?

I bought raspberries and rhubarb from walmart, not sure when to plant those. I'm thinking about doing them in a pot, as the only good place to plant anything is by the house. I'd hate to wreck the foundation!
I have tomato seeds as well, has anyone tried making their own tops turvy things?

kitca
04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
i started spinich. if i planted peas then i would have planted them too.

rhubarb gets a really big tuber type root,i dont know how it would do in a pot, and i dont think it would overwinter well. planted in the ground its very hard. and it likes the cold. you wont have to worry about roots and your foundation from rhubarb. my raspberries are all budded out like the rest of the trees, so i would think its ok to plant them as well. oh, rhubarb likes lots of manure and even some crushed tin cans in the hole when you plant it.

i looked up instructions for homemade topsy turvey things but havent done them myself. i think it sounds like a very cool idea i would like to try and see for myself.