PDA

View Full Version : feels like my baby sleeps to much???

Giggle Squirt
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
My baby is 6 months old now, and she has been sleeping for about 16 hour blocks. She goes to bed around 8-9 pm and wakes up around 10 eats and then goes back to sleep and i just woke her up at 1.

bluekrissyspikes
05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
some kids sleep more than others, but i might be concerned that she's not getting enough to eat if she is sleeping that long without waking up to feed more than once. my mom says i used to sleep for 18 hours a day when i was a baby and my daughter slept from about 7pm to 10 am but she woke up at least twice for bottles then went right back to sleep.

Dragonfly
05-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Ya, I would just try and wake the baby up to at least eat something to make sure that the body weight is being kept up and that the baby is nourished. As long as the baby is eating I dont think it matters much how much sleep she gets. If you are worried about it try using different forms of stimulation to keep her awake than what you are using. Not saying you arent stimulating her just maybe what you do isnt catching her particular interest.

lk_wicked
05-04-2010, 08:50 PM
definately see a doctor, 6 month olds should not be sleeping 16 hour blocks. On a rare occasion maybe, but if this is frequently happening, she should be seen.

let us know how it turns out.

Giggle Squirt
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
She already had an appointment made before i posted this but i was just wondering if i was being overly worried or i should be rejoicing because she actually sleeps.

Dragonfly
05-04-2010, 10:11 PM
My son was like that for a long time and the doctor checked him over and what not and told us he was worried he wasnt getting enough nourishment and exercise and to try and stimulate with other things. other than that as long as he was eating and meeting his milestones not to worry.

iluvchristian
05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
My babies used to sleep 12 hrs a night, get up for 2-3 hrs, go back to sleep for 2 hrs....now they HATE to sleep, LOL! Glad to hear you have an appointment! Always better to be safe then I sorry I say! Good luck!

Jackie B
05-10-2010, 12:38 AM
My kids slept for 13 hours a night before 1 year old, and napped 3 times throughout the day. I think the sleep totalled around 16 hours or more. Does she nap in the 8 hours she's up, or is she awake the whole time?

Giggle Squirt
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
she naps during the rest of the 8 hours.