PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's IE Sinks While Google Chrome's Market Share Triples

Hans
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Like the Romans defending the besieged fortresses of their once expanding kingdom, Microsoft's Internet Explorer grimly faces Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome browsers. In 2005, Microsoft had a huge lead controlling roughly 90 percent of the internet browser market. However, over time it saw its empire decay as it failed to keep up speed-wise, failed to provide web standards, and failed to foster an add-on community.

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsofts+IE+Sinks+While+Google+Chromes+Market+Sh are+Triples/article18293.htm

Bluesky
05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Any soonetters using Chrome? How do you like it?

Strife
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I have used Chrome but I prefer Firefox.

Hans
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I like it better than IE or firefox. Simple and it works well.

Koss
05-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I use chrome - the integrated address/search/favorites bar is the best. HTML5 player is integrated too. And it took me awhile to get used to its minimalist UI but now I cannot even look at firefox without thinking bloat. Speaking of which - Chrome uses mush less resources than firefox too. However, I am sure that google is harvesting information on my internet session for their ad business

the one draw back is that that adblocker works much better with Firefox which is to be expected consider google wants its users to look at ads.

Hans
05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
You can use the manual block feature with adblock, which is a great feature.

Nihilistic Heathen
05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Web Browser Grand Prix: The Top Five, Tested And Ranked (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-chrome-opera,2558.html)

This brings us to Internet Explorer, Destroyer of Netscape Navigator. The browser from Redmond finished last no less than fourteen times (more than half of the tests). Internet Explorer's performance here is nothing less than sad.

8th
03-21-2011, 11:20 PM
IE 9 rocks

dancingqueen
03-24-2011, 08:40 AM
I use Chrome, I also like the minimal need for buttons and such, It's incredibly user friendly, the tabbed and favorites browsing is awesome, I'm okay with the fact that Google is harvesting my web browsing habits for ads, makes the Facebook ads more relevant to my interests. /shrug I do prefer IE's downloading mechanism where I can choose where to download things to initially, but I can live with that.
I'm no computer guru anymore (Hard to believe I ever was decent with understanding these things) so, this is how an average user who just expects things to "work" feels.