bluekrissyspikes
05-31-2010, 03:16 PM
anyone know how to cook one so it tastes good??? never cooked one before

bluekrissyspikes
06-01-2010, 11:48 PM
no one eats eggplant?

Blue Lotus Rising
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I just did some the other day in a bit of EVOO. Cut the eggplant into lengthwise slices about a quarter inch thick. Let them sit in a colander with the slices layered with salt for about an hour and a half with a plate and something heavy on them. The salt lets them get rid of some of the water in the slices so they don't absorb a ton of oil when you're frying them. Dredge them in some flour mixed with salt and pepper. Make sure your EVOO is fully heated before dropping them in and brown them on each side. You can eat them just like that or you can layer the slices with some mozzarella, Parmesan and sauce into a Pyrex dish and bake to make Eggplant Parmesan if you'd like. Start with a bit of sauce in the bottom of the pan and then add the eggplant, sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella until you run our of eggplant.

bluekrissyspikes
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
thanks, i will try that next time
we ended up slicing it thinly and baking it with a bit of oil brushed on it, then mixed it with some rice, canned tomatos, cooked ground beef and onions and then sprinkling it with cheese, it was pretty good
the tomato really makes it taste better

Blue Lotus Rising
06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
You're welcome. :)

chemicall
06-12-2010, 10:03 AM
I had eggplant Parmesan w/pasta and sauce one time. It was awesome. One of the best ways to use eggplant.