PDA

View Full Version : Dentist??

CANDY_74
07-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I know theres a dentist here in town that when you go in for work will either have it so that you're fully asleep during the process or at least you're partially out of it so you don't feel anything.

Does anyone know who this dentist is?

I hate the dentist but HAVE to get work done on my teeth, but Im a wimp when it comes to the dentist so i thought I might look into this as an option for me...

Thanks in advance
Candy

HDV
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I had a appointment last week and have to go back at the end of this month to have my top wisdom teeth removed. When i go back to have it done i will be slightly sedated. I have panic attacks when at the dentist and it always happens as soon as he tilts me back in the chair. Have had this happen every since I was a child. Sometimes when Im having a cleaning he gives me something that makes me a little "sleepy". Just ask ur dentist Im sure he can help u out.

Taking care of your teeth is very very important. I never realized it till Friday afternoon when my aunt called my mother to tell her that her 50 some yr old sister was in the hospital and her body was shutting down from a mouth infection. The infection spread to her blood and she passed away yesterday afternoon at 3 pm. All becuase of a mouth infection that poisoned her blood. Very scary and makes you realize just how important it is to g to the dentist regularly and brush your teeth every single day

Weird thing happened, as I was typing this my dentist just called and said there was a change in the schedule and asked if I wanted to come in at 1pm today..lol..Funny how when u talk abut something then it happens.

CANDY_74
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Holy Crap! From a mouth infection?! My teeth have been bugging me for months now and I haven't got a dentist at all. But I know that I have to go!
And I don't have any kind of coverage either, so Im thinking I might be a bit screwed :(

HDV
07-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Yup. She has had issues with her teeth and got frequent infections. She went to emerg last week, on Thursday i believe and they admitted her and I guess the infection got int her blood and by the time she went to the hospital it was too late and her body was shutting down. She passed away on Sunday. I believe she was in her late 50's maybe even early 60's
It is very very important to have ur teeth cleaned and checked at least 2 times a year. I never realized how dangerous it can be if u let it go.

You may be able to get a dentist. Just grab a phone book and start calling..lol. Dentist are not lie doctors. They take new patients all the time. My dentisit is taking patients Hi name is Dr. Chudoba, he is on Bay street.

Good luck
RIP Karen, You will be missed.

kitca
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
there is a dentist who advertises on the radio or tv and advertises sedation. i always ask my dentist and he laughs at me, and i say, no really, im serious, and he laughs harder. but i cant remember the name of this one, bee-a-skoo-chee maybe? i sure cant spell it, but you can read it out loud phonetically.

b&aMom
07-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Candy, Dr. Detert specializes in sedation dentistry, he's in the same office as Dr. Biasucci (kitca mentioned above), in the new building just north of Second Line on Great Northern. I've had extensive work by Dr. Detert, including implants, and let me tell you, he doesn't want you feeling anything bad. I've always been very anxious about dental visits, but not since seeing him. He's great, and exceptionally patient with people with anxiety. Info on the office, including phone number at the link below.

http://www.drbiasucci.com/