PDA

View Full Version : help with locating a tire dealer

will
07-04-2010, 01:08 AM
this may be the wrong place to post but will give the most exposure!

i have recently bought a new used explorer, it is mint...anyway it has brand new tires, according to salesperson, he has no idea where the tires were put on. though i thought i heard him say they did.

they are nexen roadian HT and they are on an explorer, i have seen other explores with the same tires.

i got a piece of wire in mine and it is not repairable but is ok if i leave it. want to know if anyone has an idea who sells this tire.

have tried every tire place in the yellow pages! ( no sarcasm ) wal mart has some but cant get that specific tire.

any help would be great thank you

Giggle Squirt
07-04-2010, 01:16 AM
i have only seen walmart with nexen. try calling a dufferent walmart and see if they can ship it by greyhound.

dancingqueen
07-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Is ordering online a possibility?

D0bb3r
07-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Might want to try the Walmart across the river ... im betting its from there !!

will
07-04-2010, 09:57 AM
it is in the shoulder of the side wall, you can not fix it. i know.

Barry Morris
07-04-2010, 10:43 AM
it is in the shoulder of the side wall, you can not fix it. i know.

Oh, really?? The guy who sold plugs for tires years ago had his service truck, which he drove here from down south, showing half a dozen plugs in the side wall.

And patches from inside, today's standard practice, are better. Unless the wire is part of a belt, get it patched.

D0bb3r
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Soundbear is right .. todays methods of repair as opposed to plugging ar far advanced, check out total tire on Bruce st ... Great service !!!

DM46
07-04-2010, 10:55 AM
The reason you cant get that tire at walmart is because its a high end nexen tire. Walmart and canadian tire only stock the "lower" end nexens. Total Tire is the place your looking for, 230 bruce st.

DM46
07-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh, really?? The guy who sold plugs for tires years ago had his service truck, which he drove here from down south, showing half a dozen plugs in the side wall.

And patches from inside, today's standard practice, are better. Unless the wire is part of a belt, get it patched.

Being a Licensed Wheel Tire and Rim mechanic, I will inform you that sidewall repairs on light truck and passenger tires are illegal. If the MTO would have ever seen a plug in a sidewall of a service truck tire, the truck would have lost its plates on the spot.

Add
07-04-2010, 11:00 AM
The reason you cant get that tire at walmart is because its a high end nexen tire. Walmart and canadian tire only stock the "lower" end nexens. Total Tire is the place your looking for, 230 bruce st.

^^^ total is definetly the place, best service in town

Barry Morris
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Being a Licensed Wheel Tire and Rim mechanic, I will inform you that sidewall repairs on light truck and passenger tires are illegal. If the MTO would have ever seen a plug in a sidewall of a service truck tire, the truck would have lost its plates on the spot.

Thanks for the update.

Can you show us the law somewhere??

Konig-OV
07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update.

You will be looking forever.

will
07-04-2010, 03:49 PM
like the post said i have called everywhere in town. i am not even kidding, short of deallers ( tommorow) no one has it or sells any or hasnt even heard of them.

and yea i called total

will
07-04-2010, 03:53 PM
p.s i have searched walmart usa, they dont even carry that size in stock apparently , i have looked at sears and costco, and all the other places in sudbury too.. even midas, speedy... just gotta get ahold of a subury phone book to see if they have other chains like pep boys. also nexen tires website is no help , you can only look up usa dealers, when you put in 49783 for sault michigan, there is zero, gotta go way south.

also why would someone else with the same vehicle go to usa to get the same tires? to be cool? its the same model and color too just for everyones entertainment humor... driveing beside or behind is lieka ghost

will
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
also the wire is a piece of mecanics wire...how convenient huh

Add
07-04-2010, 04:14 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=nexen+roadian+HT&_sacat=0&_odkw=nexen+roadian+HT+explorer&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

only place i could find

DM46
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the update.

Actually if you would like I could show you the Ministry of Colleges,Universities and Training book that had to be completely read and signed on every page by myself and my boss to show Ive done the work required to get the license. It will tell you this information on the same page thats says you cant run a retread on a steer axle.

DM46
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Will,

I totally drew a blank on that one. That tire is actually discontinued. Im assuming you need a 235/75R15 for an explorer.I can call around tommorrow when I get to work and see if I can get one that is hiding in a warehouse somewhere. Pm me the size for sure and I can get back to you on that.

starterwiz
07-05-2010, 01:14 AM
It is illegal to plug or patch a side wall. I did my own on a couple of cars, and have never had one fail, but!!!...you won't be able to pay anyone to do it. You can buy the plugs at the Parts Source 'tho, and do it yourself. I'd even loan you a tool or three.