PDA

View Full Version : Poor Kitty....

HDV
07-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I know this belongs in the pet section, so before the "section" police come out to remind me, I already know. Feel free to move it mods but I thought it would get more attention here fort the time being.

Last night around 6 30 I looked out my window and noticed a man stopped and removing a cat from the middle of the road. Someone hit the cat and took off. A few people stopped to help out. The cat layed there for a bit and then after about 10 minutes it tried to take off. A women chased after it and held it down while they waited to the HS. I brought over a cat carrier to put the kitty in till they got there so it would not run away or try to anyways. It was bleeding from its mouth and nose and eyes. It seemed like it had no broken legs. It was not crying, it only meowed when i stopped petting him/her. The women who picked the cat up after about a half hour of waiting said the HS is a no kill shelter and that they had a vet on route to the HS s when she got there the Vet could start to save the kitty. I let them take my carrier and I ll pick it up later. I did not want to move the cat in and out, it was in pain.
WHY do people continue to let their pets ram free? SO stuff like this happens? If anyone in the Goulias Road area between Wallace terr. and Douglas is missing a cat that is black and white, it is at the HS as of last night. I dont know if it survived r not I think I may call after and find out.

Im felt good though knowing that 3 cars, strangers all stopped to take care of the injured kitty while we waited for the HS. There still are good people out there.

PLEASE PEOPLE keep ur cats and dogs in the house. Or tied them up. This cat that got hit is always roaming around. And now he may be dead because a irresponsible owner could care less about its safety.

Bufford
07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Our HS "a no kill shelter" News to me.

HDV
07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Apparently. The women who picked the cat up said they will try to save the cat or any other animal before euthanizing it. She said a vet was on the way to the HS as she was picking up the cat.

Super Gram
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Bleeding from the eyes, nose and mouth don't sound good to me.

dancingqueen
07-09-2010, 02:47 PM
that's so sad, I hope the little guy makes it... I was on my way back from Gros Capp last night, and just as I hit the top of a hill I almost hit a golden retriever sauntering across the street. I'm with HDV here, keep your pets inside, or tied up Thank God I was able to stop in time with my little car or this dog would have been dead, It was shortly after carpen beach road (I think that's how it's spelled)

Dragonfly
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I agree but things happen. My cat died but she got out on accident. But Im sure that makes me a terible pet owner. I think people should definately care enough to try but again, crap happens. I hope he/she is alright.

A*lil*Loopy
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, so much for this being about a kitten. I get a bit tired of seeing the bashing threads............but I guess that's why I don't visit as often anymore.

Good for those people who cared enough to stop and help, it's nice to know that hearts are still beating and kindness still exists.

dancingqueen
07-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I agree but things happen. My cat died but she got out on accident. But Im sure that makes me a terible pet owner. I think people should definately care enough to try but again, crap happens. I hope he/she is alright.

No one said you where a terrible person, but as far as my comment went, I did not mean to offend, I didn't take into consideration that yes, crap happens, I was pretty freaked out about the incident and probably made my comment out of frustration.

Cher
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Accidents happen, yes. Both my kitties are indoor girls, but they are curious about the outside world, and every once and a while try to plan an escape.. :S
It's the irresponsible pet owners who let their pets roam free, on a regular basis... just asking for a car to hit them or perhaps bite a child... >:(

lk_wicked
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I never heard that the HS was a no kill policy? Pretty sure that is not correct.

i did find this article however, that might clarify things

http://www.saultthisweek.com/ArticleDisplayGenContent.aspx?e=10900

Dragonfly
07-10-2010, 10:09 AM
I know it wasnt meant to offend DQ, I was just making a point using personal experience. Any news on how the kitty's doing?

HDV
07-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Just to clarify my OP. I was not saying every single person whos pets get outside are bad owners. This cat that got out is a inside outside cat, the owner lives across from me in a apt building and leaves his window open so the cat could get in and out. Now it got hit by a car. I agree that sometimes pets get out by accident and crap happens. I have had it happen to me when my old dog got out, luckily he did not get hurt and i got hi home safely.
I did not call yet to find out how that cat is and I think I will in a little bit.

HDV
07-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I never heard that the HS was a no kill policy? Pretty sure that is not correct.

i did find this article however, that might clarify things

http://www.saultthisweek.com/ArticleDisplayGenContent.aspx?e=10900

Well if that is the case then the girl who picked this cat up should not be telling us that it is a no kill shelter. there were 4 the women and 2 men that were there that heard her say this. She drive a white truck and had blond hair. She was not Cathy the women who usually comes out on calls. Maybe sh eis new and made a mistake, or maybe she did not want us to feel any sadder then we did and tell us that the cat would be out down. Either way, if it is not a no kill shelter we should not of been told otherwise.
She did say a vet was on the way to try to save this kitty. Im going to call and find out right now how it is.

HDV
07-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I have to call back at noon, thats when they open on Saturdays.

GoldDogs
07-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Regardless of a no-kill policy, if this poor cat was bleeding from its eyes, nose and mouth... well... one has to consider what is best for the animal. I hate to think of animals dying but when it comes to an animal getting hit by a car I have two hopes. One is that the animal died instantly with very little or no pain. The other is that, if it lives, it didn't suffer and is not left with injuries that will completely take away from its purpose in life.

kitca
07-11-2010, 11:42 PM
did you call and find out about the cat?

lk_wicked
07-13-2010, 03:37 AM
just wondering if any one found out for certain whether or not the HS is a no kill shelter. And I wonder how the kitten made out. any news?

HDV
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Update---

The kitty is doing good they said. Other then having a broken jaw, she said the vet told her that he was doing good. :)
That is good news. Bad news is the owner has not claimed him so he is homeless. I said that after he is healed and ready to leave if he is still not claimed to call me and I would adopt the poor fella.

I did ask her if they are a no kill shelter and she said NO. I told her the women who picked the injured cat up said they were a no kill shelter. The women said she was probably new. and that even though it is not a no kill shelter, the euthanization rate is very very low.

Cher
07-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm so relieved!!! :) If I wasn't a cat away from being the crazy cat lady.... I'd love to adopt him/her... :p

Peety
07-13-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm so relieved!!! :) If I wasn't a cat away from being the crazy cat lady.... I'd love to adopt him/her... :p

I have to ask how many is that?

HDV
07-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Well when he is healed and ready to go home if the owner does not claim him then he will come live with us. I have 2 cats already that are fixed, he is fixed so he will have a couple friends :)

kitca
07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
good news. he is one very lucky stray cat! i like a good news story.

tippikitty
07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
So happy that things are looking better for him.

Peety
07-16-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd say anything over 3 or 4 would be pushing it.. lol

Over 2.

Peety
07-16-2010, 11:35 AM
And how many dogs does it take to become a Crazy Dog Lady?? :srolleyes:

2 small ones 1 is like a cat. 1 Big one, 1 is part time. So 2.lol

lk_wicked
07-19-2010, 12:15 AM
awesome, kudos for all your care for this cat. I love good stories where people have done something positive. There are never enough kind acts shared on here. This is one lucky stray.

HDV
07-19-2010, 10:09 AM
awesome, kudos for all your care for this cat. I love good stories where people have done something positive. There are never enough kind acts shared on here. This is one lucky stray.

very lucky kitty fr sure. The person who hit him never stopped. It was nice to see strangers all stop and wait with this kitty till help came. I thought he was internally bleeding with the blood coming out his eyes nose mouth, but it was just a broken jaw. Lucky lucky guy. im waiting to hear back from the HS to find out if he has been claimed or if he is in need of a good home.

Peety
07-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Call and see how the kitty is!

HDV
07-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Call and see how the kitty is!

I have called them. He is doing great. Im waiting to hear back now to find out if he needs a home or if the owner claimed him yet.