PDA

View Full Version : Before I go to bed, Just wanted to say something about 2012

dancingqueen
07-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Okay, so, 12/21/12 is supposed to be the end of the world according to some, don't worry, I know who you are....
So, if the world does end, I will gracefully accept my death and acknowledge that you tried to warn me (although I'm not too sure what I would have done differently)
On the other hand, if 12/22/12 rolls around with no end of the world, I expect... no, DEMAND a public apology to be made on this thread. Not only that, I want you to admit that you are not a super genius, that knows all these super secret things that everyone else is so stupid or blind to see, and that you jump on band wagons like this to feed your insatiable hunger for attention, and to feel smarter.

I will remember this date....
/end rant

Peety
07-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I will be around DQ..

ArcticBlue
07-11-2010, 12:44 AM
DQ! Demand an apology and...BOOZE!!!

dancingqueen
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
What she said!

Peety
07-11-2010, 12:47 AM
DQ! Demand an apology and...BOOZE!!!

After the day I had, I could get lickered up!

bluekrissyspikes
07-11-2010, 12:51 AM
every couple years it is the end of the world. yet here we are.

Strife
07-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Okay, so, 12/21/12 is supposed to be the end of the world according to some, don't worry, I know who you are....
So, if the world does end, I will gracefully accept my death and acknowledge that you tried to warn me (although I'm not too sure what I would have done differently)
On the other hand, if 12/22/12 rolls around with no end of the world, I expect... no, DEMAND a public apology to be made on this thread. Not only that, I want you to admit that you are not a super genius, that knows all these super secret things that everyone else is so stupid or blind to see, and that you jump on band wagons like this to feed your insatiable hunger for attention, and to feel smarter.

/end rant
Can it be??? I wasnt sure if this was ever possible but DQ and I see this issue with the same light!! Dont worry DQ...once the end of the world passes and I am still sitting here, we'll get together and do shots of tequila.

NewCasa
07-11-2010, 03:06 AM
So the bottom line is that if we're all still standing in 2013 we get to do tequila shots? Hmmmm.....I think more would be nice. Maybe cheesecake?

starterwiz
07-11-2010, 07:03 AM
After the day I had, I could get lickered up!

Licker?

Hardly know 'er!

I'll be lucky to make it to 2012 at the rate I'm going.

HDV
07-11-2010, 08:41 AM

/end rant

You watched Wife Swap Friday didn't you?

Konig-OV
07-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Nothing would better than to send a Christmas card to the 2012 believers on 12/25/2012 :)

dancingqueen
07-11-2010, 11:03 AM
You watched Wife Swap Friday didn't you?

What??? Hell no :tongue: Reality TV is way too lame!
No, I got the idea from a friend who was *****ing about 2012 fear malingerer, and I was like hey! yah! that's gonna be my rant!

HDV
07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
What??? Hell no :tongue: Reality TV is way too lame!
No, I got the idea from a friend who was *****ing about 2012 fear malingerer, and I was like hey! yah! that's gonna be my rant!

Ahh. IC. The reason I said that was on wife swap Friday they had a couple who were all set for 2012 and believe the world will end. They have all sorts of survival stuff, gas masks, food ect. Wont let their kids go to school without a survival kit, they have to come home right after school in case there is a disaster. They also will not let people in their homes so the strangers will not know they are well prepared. They teach their kids how to fight off zombies. Zombies in their words are people who will try to steal your stuff when 2012 hits...lol. Poor kids cant have friends, cant go to friends homes, cant have friends over, when they are home all they do is prepare for the end of the world. They have a count down board till the end f the world. they even moved to the middle west out in the boonies so they were far away from "zombies"..lol..

Peety
07-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Ahh. IC. The reason I said that was on wife swap Friday they had a couple who were all set for 2012 and believe the world will end. They have all sorts of survival stuff, gas masks, food ect. Wont let their kids go to school without a survival kit, they have to come home right after school in case there is a disaster. They also will not let people in their homes so the strangers will not know they are well prepared. They teach their kids how to fight off zombies. Zombies in their words are people who will try to steal your stuff when 2012 hits...lol. Poor kids cant have friends, cant go to friends homes, cant have friends over, when they are home all they do is prepare for the end of the world. They have a count down board till the end f the world. they even moved to the middle west out in the boonies so they were far away from "zombies"..lol..

I can understand moving away from the zombies.lol

dancingqueen
07-11-2010, 11:49 AM

O........ My........... God! that's terrible!

Peety
07-11-2010, 12:13 PM
O........ My........... God! that's terrible!

Good drugs they are on. or maybe drugs they are off of.

dancingqueen
07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Good drugs they are on. or maybe drugs they are off of.

probably off of.... I don't know of any drugs that would do this....

BFLPE
07-11-2010, 03:09 PM
...They also will not let people in their homes so the strangers will not know they are well prepared...
I guess the whole national television thing was lost on them.

Konig-OV
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Just imagine if they are right. Everyone will be banging on their door to share the supplies. If people want to be prepared, leave them alone. Worst case scenario, they have a lot of junk on December 22nd 2010.

Konig-OV
07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I'd rather imagine something realistic, like an endless keg of frosty beer! http://tinyurl.com/2a25342

Funny thing is, it is realistic. There are asteroids that zing past our wee planet that would destroy us if it were to hit. Look at Mars for example. The face of it is peppered with asteroid holes. Each one of those asteroid crevices are about the size of an average state. An asteroid that size would destroy the earth. So it isn't unimaginable. It is realistic. The prediction of when it will happen may be out in left field, but the realism of it happening is all too real.

wiener
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
this 2012 BS is all in your heads, it's fear propoganda at it's best, orchestrated by the puppet masters that are pulling all the strings...it's not the end of the world, it's the end of ignorance & lies, the beginning of truth & wisdom. WAKE UP!

R W G R
07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
The theory of 2012 is an absolute joke, and anyone that believes it should be ashamed of themselves.

Like Man-Made Global Warming, lower sea levels, the BP oil fiasco polluting all the world's waters, earthquakes signaling some kind of 'end' ...all this and more is totally hyped up, merely a byproduct of our Hollywood culture. So ingrained is society by what they see on TV, see at the theaters, and hear on the radio, that they figure their lives must follow some type of Hollywood script; and that script calls for some kind of disaster always right over the horizon. The world just can't trudge along, day after day, without some kind of looming disaster.

After all, that's not how it works in Hollywood.

HDV
07-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh ya they also said they took advantage of the no payment no interest till 2012 on all their furniture and appliances because when 2012 comes no one will be around to collect..lmao

dancingqueen
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh ya they also said they took advantage of the no payment no interest till 2012 on all their furniture and appliances because when 2012 comes no one will be around to collect..lmao

Those retailers are geniuses.

dancingqueen
07-12-2010, 11:36 AM
The theory of 2012 is an absolute joke, and anyone that believes it should be ashamed of themselves.

Like Man-Made Global Warming, lower sea levels, the BP oil fiasco polluting all the world's waters, earthquakes signaling some kind of 'end' ...all this and more is totally hyped up, merely a byproduct of our Hollywood culture. So ingrained is society by what they see on TV, see at the theaters, and hear on the radio, that they figure their lives must follow some type of Hollywood script; and that script calls for some kind of disaster always right over the horizon. The world just can't trudge along, day after day, without some kind of looming disaster.

After all, that's not how it works in Hollywood.

Don't forget, only a few will see it coming and be man's only hope for survival, and he will get the pretty girl at the end.....

Hans
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Funny thing is, it is realistic. There are asteroids that zing past our wee planet that would destroy us if it were to hit. Look at Mars for example. The face of it is peppered with asteroid holes. Each one of those asteroid crevices are about the size of an average state. An asteroid that size would destroy the earth. So it isn't unimaginable. It is realistic. The prediction of when it will happen may be out in left field, but the realism of it happening is all too real.

The asteroids capable of causing a global disaster if they hit the Earth are extremely rare. They probably would need to be about a kilometer (http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/glossary_level1/glossary_text.html#kilometer) or more in diameter. Such bodies impact the Earth only once every 100,000 years on average. Other objects of a similar size, such as comets (http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/glossary_level1/glossary_text.html#comet), impact even less frequently, perhaps once every 500,000 years or so.

Remember, Christ was born 2010 years ago and it seems like an impossible long time ago.

dancingqueen
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
The asteroids capable of causing a global disaster if they hit the Earth are extremely rare. They probably would need to be about a kilometer (http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/glossary_level1/glossary_text.html#kilometer) or more in diameter. Such bodies impact the Earth only once every 100,000 years on average. Other objects of a similar size, such as comets (http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/glossary_level1/glossary_text.html#comet), impact even less frequently, perhaps once every 500,000 years or so.

Remember, Christ was born 2010 years ago and it seems like an impossible long time ago.

Which makes you wonder... how do they come up with these "averages" :wink:
(I'm sure there is a long, complicated mathematical procedure)

Hans
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Based on studies of moon craters, moon impacts and dating those you can calculate an average size and time frame.