PDA

View Full Version : Great Northern Road at Third Line

IMHO
07-23-2010, 09:03 AM
For several weeks now, commuters have been faced with a huge drop in the pavement at this major intersection. I think it should have been repaired weeks ago. Why can the city not complete the paving before a terrible collision occurs there? Are they waiting until they pave Third Line so they can do it at the same time? Is this drop in the pavement considered some kind of new speed bump?(if so...its generally working). I feel they should never leave paving undone where those sharp edges are left to pierce someones tire.

tired-n-cranky
07-23-2010, 09:16 AM
A friend had an emergency and had to go by ambulance last week, when they hit there he flew a foot up in the air off the stretcher!

At the very least they could have made the transition smoother, the boneheads!!

Now they can charge for an Air Ambulance instead or normal :)

BrAt
07-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I just went up there to take our dog to the vet on Tuesday. I didn't find the bump that bad and our car is lowered. Maybe it seems a lot worse when you're going fast, I don't know.

cutie22
07-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I go up there daily and don't find the bump bad at all. Now if I don't slow down then yes the bump feels bad but I normally slow down for it.

H.E. Pennypacker
07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
the bump is fine, it's not a straight cut there is a ramp

Karen-Annie
07-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I too have not had any problem.....if I've slowed down.There are ramps there that have the same degree of slope as anywhere else-and better than some others I've dealt with.

Until they are ready to pave the whole stretch it makes no sense to do the intersection. If a problem develops due to something they're doing to the west, can't you just hear the "What a waste of money!! Why would they pave there before they're done the construction??" nattering??

gouligann
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree, if you slow down, it isn't that bad and as others said, at least they have a ramp. Its the ones with no ramp that go up and down 4-5 inches that p*ss me off.

Soonet-china
07-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Trunk near mcdonalds was bad. Instead of a lip, they took out a slot of cement, i hit that at about 70 km.Why couldnt they fill it with dirt? I called a mechanic friend about it, he said having a truck, plus my front end has been maintained, i should be okay! The next day, they tear it right up, no sense.

yoda
07-23-2010, 11:21 PM
The bump is bad enough, especially for people that are not familiar with the area. There is so much going on at that corner (construction), sometimes you are paying attention to other things.