PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good cheese cake recipe.

autum1
07-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Looking for a good recipe , more of a bake one then a non bake one. thanks all.

HDV
07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Are u looking for a baked or non baked cheesecake recipe? Here is the baked one I have on hand, it is really really good. I have a non bake cheesecake recipe too but I ll have to dig it out.

1 and a half cups of Graham crackers crumbs
3 tbsp of sugar
1/3 cup of butter or margarine , melted
4 pkgs ( 8oz each) cream cheese ( Philadelphia preferred) softened
1 cup sugar
1tsp vanilla
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 F if using a silver 9 inch springform pan or to 300 F is using a dark non-stick springform pan. Mix GC crumbs, 3 tbsp sugar and butter, press firmly onto bottom of pan.

Beat cream cheese , 1 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on med, speed until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
Pour over crust.

Bake 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from side of pan. Cool before removing. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight preferably.

you can add any topping u like, cherry, strawberry, blueberry ect.. I like it just plain :)

TIP**** take a empty soup can or any can and fill halfway with water and out it on the rack while baking the CC, It will prevent the CC from cracking.

HDV
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
I will find the non bake recipe in my recipe cards stack and post it as well.

MaO3
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Heres my favourite

Lemon Pudding cheesecake.

1-1/2 cups crushed Nilla Vanilla Wafers (about 40 wafers) Or use Graham wafer crumbs
3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. Butter or margarine, melted

4 pkg. (250g each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 Tbsp. Milk
1 cup Sour cream
4 Eggs
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Jell-O Lemon Instant Pudding
1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Lemon slices (optional)

PREHEAT oven to 325F. Mix wafer crumbs, 1 Tbsp. of the sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.

BEAT cream cheese, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, flour and milk in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Add dry pudding mixes; mix well.
BAKE 1 hour 5 min. to 1 hour 15 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake; cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan. Top cheesecake with whipped topping and lemon slices, if desired, just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

autum1
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
the lemon cheesecake sounds really good , except my husband does not like lemon anything. Do you have any other flavors?

MaO3
07-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I've only made the lemon one, but I would try it with Vanilla. It has such a nice texture and consistancy that it would be worth trying. I'd add a bit of Vanilla extract and give that a shot. Let me know how it works out.

PS - I always buy my cream cheese across the river, if you go to savealot you can always get it for 99 a brick. Thats a huge savings.

kitca
07-28-2010, 10:36 PM
huge savings by going across the river eh. and on butter too. and whipping cream...

anyway, our favorite cheesecake is a non bake. basically cream cheese, icing sugar and DREAM WHP. what a difference using cool whip or such and in making and using dream whip. there is something about it that is so much better. anyway, put that on a graham crust and whatever fruits or berries you like and its so delicious.

Bufford
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
The basic chef’s recipe for baked cheese cake is to each 8oz of cream cheese add cup of sugar and one egg from there you add the flavor of choice, one of my favorites is ..
Using a 10 inch spring form pan, bottom lined with crumb crust, I use 4 8oz of cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 4 eggs, pour half into the pan to the remaining half add the zest of one orange and 2 squares of semi- sweet chocolate melted and cooled, blend and pour over white part, using the handle of a wooden spoon gently swirl the chocolate into the white mixture, bake.

ssmarie
07-29-2010, 10:56 PM
oh bufford......that sounds yummy...i have to try it - do you have the measurements for the crust and baking times

Bufford
07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Cheesecake crust
For 9-10 inch spring form pan

2 cups of crumbs
cup white sugar
cup melted butter.
The type of crumbs is your choice; you can use vanilla or chocolate wafers, gram crackers or breadcrumbs, yes breadcrumbs! (Unseasoned of course) and gingersnap crumbs are nice for a pumpkin cheesecake. do not pre-bake the crust.

Baking time.
Start with oven at 350 for 15 minutes then lower to 275, bake for 1 to 1 hours, to know when a cheesecake is done. The thing to remember is that you want the cheesecake to be firm but, if you shake the pan gently, it should still wobble a little, and the center will still look a little wet. For even though the center may not look fully baked, once it cools it will firm up.

Cheesecakes should not to be eaten straight away, as they need to cool and then be refrigerated for several hours, preferably overnight, so the flavors have time to blend and the texture becomes firm.

To prevent cracks from forming during baking, when making the filling beat the ingredients at low speed, unlike a butter cake, you do not want to whip a lot of air into the batter, you only want to beat the ingredients until they are smooth.