PDA

View Full Version : what happened to this forum?????

OU812
07-27-2010, 07:45 AM
we just had the biggest music event of the year (rotary) with pro lights and sound at 2 seperate locations and no one cares to mention it? wow, things have deninately changed at musicians central. i used to look forward to coming here daily and now most of the front page posts are up to 3 or 4 months old.

Jack Butler
07-27-2010, 01:23 PM
How much did you contribute...in the old days?
Here's your chance!

How was it?
The local talent always seems to entertain.
I normally go every year but, I didn't get to this year.
Nice stage...who's rig?

ByrdDawg
07-27-2010, 01:59 PM
There are a few videos from Rotaryfest and other local venues on youTube. just type " soonews1" and there will be a bunch of them.

Yeah, it seems no one comes around here much anymore, maybe just to try and sell some gear and advertise gigs, or looking for people to jam with, and that's about it.

OU812
07-27-2010, 03:06 PM
i know . i loved getting other peoples opinions on venues and stories. i did only contribute when it applied but i read and responded as much as i could. byrddawg is right and i don't want to see this forum fail.
jack, rotary was kickass . sound by belanger so everything was mint (mainstage) i didn't have time to go to the second stage. i had a great time evryone seamed to enjoy watching and playing. mix was great front of house and monitors needed some dialing in at the beginning which is pretty standard.

Pleiades
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
we just had the biggest music event of the year (rotary) with pro lights and sound at 2 seperate locations and no one cares to mention it? wow, things have deninately changed at musicians central. i used to look forward to coming here daily and now most of the front page posts are up to 3 or 4 months old.
My guess is that local musicians, including myself like to keep a positive note. Many have shied away from here because of all the negativity and riff raff that goes on. To many, it's not worth their time. You can't mention anything without someone coming down on you. Or, me for instance, I got banned for sticking up for indigenous people in the soap box, "purposely done mind you to have the thread deleted". Things here can get pretty rediculous at times. So the best way to avoid all of that negativity and stay positive is to totally avoid musician central and soonet. :)

ByrdDawg
07-27-2010, 06:10 PM
If discussions on this forum are confined to the subjects for which it was intended, there should be no problems. The title " Musician central " should be pretty obvious.

We are not here to discuss religion, politics, or save the whales.

mojoe
07-27-2010, 09:26 PM
The closing act tribute band did not sound like the band to whom they were paying tribute, to my ears anyway.

They covered 'The Boss' hits but did NOT sound like him or his band.

Anticlimactic.

ByrdDawg
07-27-2010, 09:59 PM
The good thing about events like Rotaryfest is that it gives local musicians a chance to get on the big stage and play through a sound system that they could never ever normally afford to buy or rent. It's a totally different feeling doing that then it is playing on a cramped stage in a grungy bar. Belanger and Ravlich can make you sound pretty good out there. I've never had a bad experience any time with those guys.

Jack Butler
07-27-2010, 10:15 PM
When you say Belanger, are you talking about the guy from Sudbury?
I think his name is Dan.
I mean George learned from Dan at the Eastgate many moons ago, if that's the guy.
Quality, quality, had to find guys that good that care more!
I agree about the opportunity for the young players.
It would be nice to stimulate that more than once a year.

ByrdDawg
07-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Yes, I was referring to Dan Belanger.

I wasn't just talking about the young players - even us old fogies like to get out there still.
:)

OU812
07-28-2010, 07:30 AM
i agree dawg, getting long in the tooth myself. lolololol
jack, it is dan belanger. he is out of north bay. he also branched out to speaker design and manufacturing. there are a couple of guys in town using his 4x10 bass cabs.

Jack Butler
07-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Ha, ha, ha...that is so cool, Dan is an awesome guy.
...and a pretty good guitar player, if I remember correctly!
Speaker design makes sense, he use to talk about sh*t that made my head spin!
And ah, sorry Dawg...sure didn't mean to forget the veterans....salute!!

ByrdDawg
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Not used to all this traffic in the forum.

I may have to put on a cover charge ! :) :) :)

Greenman
07-28-2010, 07:26 PM
i agree dawg, getting long in the tooth myself. lolololol
jack, it is dan belanger. he is out of north bay. he also branched out to speaker design and manufacturing. there are a couple of guys in town using his 4x10 bass cabs.
Is there a web site for these cabinets?

Jack Butler
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Is there a web site for these cabinets?

Good call!

ByrdDawg
07-28-2010, 10:28 PM
This is his website - don't see anything about cabinets, though.

http://www.dbslprosound.com/index.htm

OU812
07-29-2010, 09:44 AM
greenman, i've got dans phone number at home. tim from murph and aubrey from chester own the 4x10 cab i speak of. nice product.

Dillio
07-29-2010, 05:05 PM
"I got banned ... in the soap box,"

This IS NOT the Soapbox ...

Thank God. ;)

Hi Gang!

Rotary was alright (as usual).

Retsevets
07-29-2010, 11:20 PM
I had a real good time a Rotary this year. My Daughter must have thought Boogie Fever was boring because she fell to sleep as soon as they started and woke pretty much when they were done. Poor mom was sad her little girl didn't stay awake to watch her sing :)

Steve

OU812
07-30-2010, 07:18 AM
steve, you had a parenting break for the whole set? ???? lucky you. the only breaks i got with my kids were when they slept. lol