PDA

View Full Version : any good slow cooker recipes?

bluekrissyspikes
07-31-2010, 10:18 PM
i have been messing around with my slow cooker lately and i'm looking for new ideas. anyone have any to share? it's just for us and the kids so it doesn't have to be anything too special. i just find i've been too busy and throwing everything in the slow cooker early on in the day saves a lot of hassle later.

something i made-
a small pork roast
half a can of tomato sauce
a couple spoonfuls of rib sauce
one onion
two or three peices of garlic
2 peppers, one green and one yellow.
a squirt of honey to sweeten it
pepper

i just threw everything in and it turned out really good. had it again tonight. when the pork is cooked but not too tender yet i pull it all apart, pick the fat out and put it back into the sauce until it is really tender so it can absorb more of the sauce flavour. not sure what this is called...i went by taste from something i used to eat at a street vendor after the bar when i was in college and it turned out almost exactly the same. this is now one of my faves. goes good on a bun, with rice or potatos or on it's own as left overs.

blueeyedgirl
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
During the summer months we don't use the slower cooker cause we ussually use the bbq or out at camp. Winter time though for whatever reason I seem to lack energy and use my slow cooker a lot. I will throw a roast in there with seasoning, red oninion and yellow onion. When the roast is almost cooked I will then add those small little potatoes and cook a small pot of baby carrots on the stove. Also cook our ham in the slow cooker. Ham I cook with a bit of honey and some pineapple juice. I don't like cooked pineapples so i don't add them in.

In the winter time I make large pots of Spaghetti sauce, chilli, beef stew, chicken stew and a few different soups. I then freeze them in containers that I can then easily dump into the slow cooker. In the morning I put a container in hot water so that it will easily come out. Dump it in the slow cooker and add some water. For the chilli or stews i by the dinner rolls or make homemade biscuits.

chase_me
08-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I love slow cooker lasagna it is delicious
SLOW COOKER LASAGNA
2pounds ground chuck
2(28oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
16 lasagna noodles
3 (15oz.) cottage cheese
2 t. dried Italian seasoning
1/2 cups water
2(4oz.) cans of mushrooms
3cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Cook beef and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, seasoned meat and water in bowl. Layer thinly in bottom of lightly greased 5-quart electric slow cooker: 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese & mozzarella cheese. Repeat for each layer (approx 8 total layers). Cover & cook on high setting for 1 hour; reduce heat & cook on low setting for 5 hours. Can do ahead and store in fridge!! Yields 16 Servings (one FULL 5 quart Crock Pot!!!)

chase_me
08-05-2010, 11:47 PM
CREAMY CHICKEN & TORTILLAS
4 c. cooked chicken, diced
1 dozen corn tortillas, each cut into 6-8 triangles
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 8 oz. jar salsa
1 c. sour cream
1/2-1 c. cheddar cheese
Combine the soups, salsa, and sour cream in a bowl and blend well. Grease the crockpot and make 2-3 layers of chicken, tortillas, and sauce. Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Add the cheese 15 min. before eating. Serve with salad and warm tortillas. Enjoy!
Serves 8

BrAt
08-06-2010, 01:12 PM
For the lasagna, are those the no-cook noodles or regular ones?

chase_me
08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I just bought regular noodles

bluekrissyspikes
08-06-2010, 06:57 PM
sounds pretty good. my kids would probably love the lasagna too. thanks

HDV
08-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I made the Lasagna one last night with Caesar salad, homemade garlic bread and i made a cheesecake for dessert and it was pretty good. I invited a couple family members over and I still have tons of leftovers.
I sent leftovers home with my guests..lol..

BrAt
08-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Great! Thanks chase_me. I'm trying it tonight! <3

BrAt
08-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Let me just say that it's only 1/2 done cooking but it smells SOOOOOOO good!!! lol

BrAt
08-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Wow! It sure does make a lot! haha It was delicious though... great recipe! Thank you. =)