PDA

View Full Version : Careful what you post

dancingqueen
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
This is scary stuff, I'm sure most people know the dangers of posting images of your children on the internet, well this is all the more reason to be scary, apparently facebook has measures in place to protect from this exploitation
Read more on location identification through pictures.
http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/newsfeatures/article/842467--posting-pictures-online-reveals-more-than-you-know

dancingqueen
08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I have no problems with facebook.... all of the applications on it are annoying, but facebook itself is fine.

ssmarie
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I just found out that the phone numbers of your contacts on facebook are available for all to see

Barry Morris
08-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Protected by Smith and Wesson.

Hans
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
It's a big problem, but the problem is not with Facebook. The issue is with device makers embedding information into pictures etc without you even knowing about it. You would be surprised how fast you can locate someone if they have a cellphone with them.

dancingqueen
08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
It's a big problem, but the problem is not with Facebook. The issue is with device makers embedding information into pictures etc without you even knowing about it. You would be surprised how fast you can locate someone if they have a cellphone with them.

That's what I mean, according to the article, facebook puts security measures in place to deactivate these embedded information on pictures.

08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Facebook is useless and evil, stay away and you'll be just fine!!

Momma says crocodiles are so ornery because they have all dem teeth and no teeth brush.

08-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I just found out that the phone numbers of your contacts on facebook are available for all to see

I also heard there is book that has a lot of peoples names, address AND phone number.

CREEEEEPY.

Peety
08-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I also heard there is book that has a lot of peoples numbers, address AND phone number.

CREEEEEPY.

LOL Too cute!

dancingqueen
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I also heard there is book that has a lot of peoples names, address AND phone number.

CREEEEEPY.

LOL, well played sir

Tutones
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM

Actually, only people on your friends list can see them and if you set the privacy settings properly - no one but you can see them... and even then only if your friends want you too.