PDA

View Full Version : cookies that can be made ahead of time.

Giggle Squirt
08-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I am looking for cookies and other baking that can be made ahead of time and frozen or just the dough can be made and frozen and then thawed and cooked.. also can pound cake be baked and frozen for a few weeks and then thawed and decorated? I want to start baking for my wedding for the cake/coffee/dessert table and i don't want to do it like all a few days before...

Blue Lotus Rising
08-09-2010, 01:38 AM
I am looking for cookies and other baking that can be made ahead of time and frozen or just the dough can be made and frozen and then thawed and cooked.. also can pound cake be baked and frozen for a few weeks and then thawed and decorated? I want to start baking for my wedding for the cake/coffee/dessert table and i don't want to do it like all a few days before...

Come over and get the recipes I got from my Mom when I was back in NY this past Xmas. I went through her recipe box and wrote a ton of them down. The cookie and different bread recipes freeze very well. Remember the poppyseed and the cream cheese breads I brought to the Non Xmas party? I have those recipes here and they're both just as rich as a pound cake.

CANDY_74
08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Blue Lotus...
Ive never heard of Cream Cheese Bread???

Can you post the recipe please
Thanks

Blue Lotus Rising
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Here you go...

Cream Cheese Bread
lb butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 C Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
4 eggs
Cream the above ingredients together