PDA

View Full Version : Reggies *thumbs down*

Strife
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
My friends and I usually try to find time on Sunday to go down to Reggies for wings. Before it wasnt a problem but today was quite the exception. My friends showed up before I did. When I showed up, they had told me that it took 15 minutes just to get a waitress over to order drinks. Now 25 minutes into our visit, we all have drinks but no waitress came to serve us to order wings. After one of my friends complained, a waitress came over to serve us. She didnt say hi, or ask us how we were doing, just rudely took our order and left. So at this point, we have been there for 40 minutes and just made our order. 20 minutes pass and we still havent gotten our food. Finally after waiting for another 15 minutes, we decide to leave. My friend goes and talks to Reggie and he says that we were very displeased. Reggie's response was to never come back.

After leaving, we decided to go to Muio's where we were served with drinks, and had our meal in the same time it took the waitress at Reggies to take our order. I might also add that Reggies was basically empty.

KDawg
08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
My friend goes and talks to Reggie and he says that we were very displeased. Reggie's response was to never come back.

So, there's another side to this story.

wiener
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
You can't expect to have your a$$ kissed from a waitress in a scummy bar. You should know better.

Giggle Squirt
08-08-2010, 08:31 PM
if they didn't serve you i would assume they didn't want you there. Maybe next time take the hint.

official soonet pu$$ycat
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Poll : Who here cares about the service other people get at restaurants?

Giggle Squirt
08-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't care.

IMHO
08-08-2010, 09:40 PM
It would not be on my list of places to dine. You cannot expect ROYAL service in the Queens barn. Be thankful you got out with your life.

HBomb
08-08-2010, 10:27 PM
It doesn't matter where they were, they're customers. They went to Reggies and attempted to give them some business. Any good business owner would know that they and their employees have to treat their customers with respect. Canadian13 says it was him and a group of friends. By the sounds of it, Reggies could've had a decent bill from there and if the customer service was spot on like it should've been they probably would've had a decent tip too.

Oh well, Muio's made some money from them, it's Reggies' loss.

Soonet-china
08-08-2010, 10:31 PM
So, there's another side to this story.
Reggies way of saying, dont come back, which you wont.

08-08-2010, 11:18 PM
How many other people were in the bar?

Peety
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
It would not be on my list of places to dine. You cannot expect ROYAL service in the Queens barn. Be thankful you got out with your life.

LOL.

Peety
08-08-2010, 11:25 PM
You can't expect to have your a$$ kissed from a waitress in a scummy bar. You should know better.

Then again.Maybe she was as scummy as the bar.

08-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I have seen two fights there last year, back to back. Friday and Saturday LOL

Peety
08-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Sounds like someone gave Reg some attitude, he is a pretty reasonable guy.
I never had bad service there, ever, and the food is actually good.
I haven't been there in over a year but I haven't heard of a fight in there in years, people know better, you are banned for life if you instigate anything.
There are always two sides to every story, of course!

Yah yah.. a year.lol

Peety
08-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Over a year now, would you drive home after drinking?

No.Id stay at a friends.

SIMBA
08-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Canadian13...I understand your frustrations and have been there done that, but Reggies is nothing but a complete embarrassment to this city. It's a dive! GROSS!! Been there once and will never go back. It'll last as long as the other dives downtown.

Macs II
08-09-2010, 12:53 AM
what kind of loser goes to Reggies in a first place ?

Soonet-china
08-09-2010, 01:10 AM
what kind of loser goes to Reggies in a first place ?
Lol, i agree, i would be afraid to eat there, a bag of chips might be safe. I know a few people who go there, women, wt.....!

Strife
08-09-2010, 01:24 AM
How many other people were in the bar?

maybe 20 people max. All of which had food in front of them.

Strife
08-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Sounds like someone gave Reg some attitude, he is a pretty reasonable guy.
I never had bad service there, ever, and the food is actually good.
I haven't been there in over a year but I haven't heard of a fight in there in years, people know better, you are banned for life if you instigate anything.
There are always two sides to every story, of course!

It wasnt me that talked to him. My friend that did talk to him didnt give him attitude. He just said that he was displeased with the service and was leaving. My friends g/f overheard Reggie say "dont come back". There was six of us all together and the bill would have been around $22 plus the price of pop.

I know the place is a dive and we dont expect world class service but since they got 2 new waitresses in there, every time we go there we got sub par service even under scummy bar standards. I guess Muio's is our new Sunday hangout.

Soonet-china
08-09-2010, 01:39 AM
It wasnt me that talked to him. My friend that did talk to him didnt give him attitude. He just said that he was displeased with the service and was leaving. My friends g/f overheard Reggie say "dont come back". There was six of us all together and the bill would have been around $22 plus the price of pop.

I know the place is a dive and we dont expect world class service but since they got 2 new waitresses in there, every time we go there we got sub par service even under scummy bar standards. I guess Muio's is our new Sunday hangout.

What happens when this happens to you at muios?

Strife
08-09-2010, 01:46 AM

If we dont receive satisfactory service from Muio's than we will find another place to hang out and eat on Sunday.

dancingqueen
08-09-2010, 02:04 AM
There's three sides to every story...

Strife
08-09-2010, 02:08 AM
There's three sides to every story...

I dont think we were being overly expectant of royal treatment. We waited more than most people would wait at a normal restaurant to get food. It doesnt take very long to cook wings. If fries can be deep fried at McDonalds in 3 minutes, I dont think 5 minutes to cook wings would be asking too much. Normally we had our meal in under 30 minutes.

You have a point that there are two sides to every story but again, its not like we were over demanding.

Blue Lotus Rising
08-09-2010, 03:31 AM
It doesnt take very long to cook wings. If fries can be deep fried at McDonalds in 3 minutes, I dont think 5 minutes to cook wings would be asking too much.

You need to drop wings for at least fifteen minutes. They're chicken. You can have some five minute salmonella infested wings, heh.

Soonet-china
08-09-2010, 06:25 AM
In your opinion which establishments qualify as dives? :)

Ssm,lol

Soonet-china
08-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Sleep soon, i work nites,lol

Super Gram
08-09-2010, 07:10 AM

It won't........Muios is always so busy. We order from there on Sundays. They deliver in 15 minutes. Their food is so good and their delivery is awesome.

Bluesky
08-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Every year I come to the SSM area for a month for vacation. So we get to try out one or two places. Last nite we tried Wacky Wings. The service was great, the food was good, and we were blown away by how quickly we were served. And the facilities were CLEAN. And I met the guy in Goulais who built their furniture

dancingqueen
08-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Every year I come to the SSM area for a month for vacation. So we get to try out one or two places. Last nite we tried Wacky Wings. The service was great, the food was good, and we were blown away by how quickly we were served. And the facilities were CLEAN. And I met the guy in Goulais who built their furniture

That's pretty neat :)
Yes, wacky wings IMO has always had top notch service and quality. My only issue is their prices, but frankly, they are worth the price... I'm just cheap!

Anapeg
08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Lol, i agree, i would be afraid to eat there, a bag of chips might be safe. I know a few people who go there, women, wt.....!

Reggie's has to meet differing health standards than every other eateries in town then? Reggie's aka The Central has been around since the very early 1900's and will continue without your visitations. Reggie strikes me as an astute business man and not given to suicidal financial hysteria, so I will side with those saying we are getting only one side of the story. As you alluded to, two (2) "new" waitresses and twenty (20) or more patrons and perhaps they where at there limit for their short experience in the field.

italiandomino
08-09-2010, 08:28 AM
As you alluded to, two (2) "new" waitresses and twenty (20) or more patrons and perhaps they where at there limit for their short experience in the field.

I was just about to post this, but will just agree with what you said.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
That's pretty neat :)
Yes, wacky wings IMO has always had top notch service and quality. My only issue is their prices, but frankly, they are worth the price... I'm just cheap!

Your name end in a vowel?

Anapeg
08-09-2010, 08:32 AM
but will just agree with what you said.

Did I feel the earth quake,............ just a little?

SIMBA
08-09-2010, 08:55 AM
In your opinion which establishments qualify as dives? :)

ok lets see...
1. The Princess which shut down of course
2. RiverRock/Oasis which was torn down..Finally
3. "The other Place" or something like that which went through 16 different names since it opened
4. The New American however Jamie is putting some effort into it
5. Nicolet...now that's a nice thing to see coming off the bridge isn't it?? lol
6. Rockstar/Algonquin

:)

Super Gram
08-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Reggie's has to meet differing health standards than every other eateries in town then? Reggie's aka The Central has been around since the very early 1900's and will continue without your visitations. Reggie strikes me as an astute business man and not given to suicidal financial hysteria, so I will side with those saying we are getting only one side of the story. As you alluded to, two (2) "new" waitresses and twenty (20) or more patrons and perhaps they where at there limit for their short experience in the field.

In saying that would you have waited as long as Canadian did or would you leave?

lynys
08-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I dont think we were being overly expectant of royal treatment. We waited more than most people would wait at a normal restaurant to get food. It doesnt take very long to cook wings. If fries can be deep fried at McDonalds in 3 minutes, I dont think 5 minutes to cook wings would be asking too much. Normally we had our meal in under 30 minutes.

You have a point that there are two sides to every story but again, its not like we were over demanding.

You obviously don't know how to cook then. I've never fried wings in my life, because I find them completely repulsive, but I know that they take about 15 minutes to cook.

Reason Reggie would tell you to not come back: Cause there are wings on order for you, probably in the fryer nearing completion, and you are leaving. You basically threw away the batch they had cooking on them.

wiener
08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
ok lets see...
1. The Princess which shut down of course
2. RiverRock/Oasis which was torn down..Finally
3. "The other Place" or something like that which went through 16 different names since it opened
4. The New American however Jamie is putting some effort into it
5. Nicolet...now that's a nice thing to see coming off the bridge isn't it?? lol
6. Rockstar/Algonquin

:)

You are sick in the head.

SIMBA
08-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I love you too..:)

Strife
08-09-2010, 12:13 PM
You obviously don't know how to cook then. I've never fried wings in my life, because I find them completely repulsive, but I know that they take about 15 minutes to cook.

Reason Reggie would tell you to not come back: Cause there are wings on order for you, probably in the fryer nearing completion, and you are leaving. You basically threw away the batch they had cooking on them.

It was a majority decision to leave. I voted to stay another 10 minutes to see if they would have came but everyone else voted to leave so we did. As for the inexperience of the waitresses, 20 or so people is not very hard to handle especially when they dont have to keep checking up on you like in a regular restaurant. I can confidently say that if I was in the similar situation, I could have done better. I have seen that bar packed without a seat in the house, and seen the same waitresses on staff so I am sure they are experienced enough to handle 20 customers, most of which are eating anyways.

everywoman
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I have to stand up for the Nicolet! It might not look like much from the outside, but the inside is improving lately. Their service is very friendly, and their wings are one of my faves! It may look like a dive, but it's not.

Blue Lotus Rising
08-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I have to stand up for the Nicolet! It might not look like much from the outside, but the inside is improving lately. Their service is very friendly, and their wings are one of my faves! It may look like a dive, but it's not.

What people call dives are usually the best nites out! Let loose and keep the booze flowing. We had a great nite at the Nicolet a while back. Good times were had by all.

everywoman
08-09-2010, 01:12 PM
That's kinda what I am thinking too! I'd like to think that I can drink, or hang with anyone.....whether they are upper crust, or regular joes! I'm no one to judge, and cold beer is cold beer!

Blue Lotus Rising
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
That's kinda what I am thinking too! I'd like to think that I can drink, or hang with anyone.....whether they are upper crust, or regular joes! I'm no one to judge, and cold beer is cold beer!

Absolutely!

DoubleXL
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM

I don't find it looks like a dive. The building is older, but it has character. Maybe a different paint colour, and some new signage could spruce it up a bit.

everywoman
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
You're right Hardcore...I don't mind it...however, if you are judging a book by the cover, some may consider it divey looking...it's just an old war horse, that's all!

Arcana XV
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
You see people for what they really are when all they do is complain. Why are they always the ones getting most of the attention?

Because they attract what they project.

cheeky
08-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Canadian13...I understand your frustrations and have been there done that, but Reggies is nothing but a complete embarrassment to this city. It's a dive! GROSS!! Been there once and will never go back. It'll last as long as the other dives downtown.

Now this comment made me LOL!!!

How many years has it already lasted?? Obviously, Reggie is doing something right as it has already been there forever! A business, regardless of what any individual thinks, can only last as long as it consistently makes money which I'm sure he's making it by the fistfuls. It's always busy at lunchtime, it's packed on weekends, and he has a regular afterwork crowd during the week. I'm sure those that have only been in there "once" would be very surprised at the number of "upper-crust members of our society" that actually grace the place with their presence during the lunch and after-work hours!

Arcana XV
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
you are sick in the head.

bingo

IMHO
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I think the Nicolet is just fine. Its clean...waiters are great. Food is great. Its a nice kick back to the bars of old...

Anapeg
08-09-2010, 03:47 PM
In saying that would you have waited as long as Canadian did or would you leave?

I would and have done in the past pick up and leave, absolutely. Not at the second or third slight but more appropriately when I was ignored upon entering. Why wait until your food is almost ready. One can make a point without showing a lack of finesse. To make my point further if it where under the second or third slight I would approach Reggie with my money in hand, lay it on the bar and tell him you would not return. Now you have made a point and shown you can even under stress have composure and breeding. The ball would then be as they say, in his court.

08-09-2010, 07:48 PM

It's been around for YEARS. It'll be around for years to come.

lynys
08-09-2010, 08:23 PM
It was a majority decision to leave. I voted to stay another 10 minutes to see if they would have came but everyone else voted to leave so we did. As for the inexperience of the waitresses, 20 or so people is not very hard to handle especially when they dont have to keep checking up on you like in a regular restaurant. I can confidently say that if I was in the similar situation, I could have done better. I have seen that bar packed without a seat in the house, and seen the same waitresses on staff so I am sure they are experienced enough to handle 20 customers, most of which are eating anyways.

Really? Have you worked in a restaurant? (and yes, making sure 20 or so people have everything they need is not as easy as it looks. I almost want to ask you to come work with me at my establishment for one night to see how easily you can handle it, but on second thought, I don't want my customers to have to deal with someone who has no clue what they are doing)

italiandomino
08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Really? Have you worked in a restaurant? (and yes, making sure 20 or so people have everything they need is not as easy as it looks. I almost want to ask you to come work with me at my establishment for one night to see how easily you can handle it, but on second thought, I don't want my customers to have to deal with someone who has no clue what they are doing)

there goes my chance at a career change :(

lynys
08-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I woulda trained you; seeing as Canadian is an expert, I would throw him out to the dogs. :)

b&aMom
08-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I can't speak to Reggies, nor the Nicolet...haven't been in either. However, every bar that I ever went to that rocked would be considered a dive. The Vic, the Eastgate, the Royal, Back Door, and in Guelph, Top Hat, the Trash(eteria), Buffalo Bills, and the Mustang. How can you have some place packed to the rafters most nights with drunks and it not become trashed? Lots of fun in those places.

riggs
08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
It won't........Muios is always so busy. We order from there on Sundays. They deliver in 15 minutes. Their food is so good and their delivery is awesome.

You're on the money SG. Muio's has been in business for many years and there's a reason behind that.......The customer leaves happy.

Soonet-china
08-11-2010, 02:34 AM
This is off topic, when i was 19 i pulled the biggest stunt ever! At the canadian upper deck, i was drinking with the manager from bonanza. I wasnt happy with the menu, what i do? I ordered pizza from another restaurant, surprisingly they delivered. The manager was a women, she was pissed, we laughed it off, that was a wt.... moment! We ate our pizza and drank beer, good times!