PDA

View Full Version : Where is the fuse? Or is there one?

Bluesky
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Nissan Senrtra 2003

My tail lights and my dash lights are not working. I checked every fuse. No fuse is burnt and there is no fuse labelled dash lights or tail lights. My flashers, blinkers and brake lights all work.

Could someone do me huge favour and search the web for me? I am on dial up and cannot get anywhere today. Where is there a fuse for these lights? Or is there one? There has to be.

Thanks.

08-14-2010, 11:57 AM
It could be your Dash light switch. It's usually a dial.. Just make sure the dial isn't all the way down or off totally.

Or just a wiring problem if both of your problems are one of the same.

Bluesky
08-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Kabby, the dash light switch has nothing to do with the tail lights. Yes, obviously it is a problem. One starts by checking tht fuses...

08-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I know the dash lights have nothing to do with your tail lights. See my second sentence in my post.

08-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Just looked at the manual, and the only fuse box it's listing is right beside the battery.

cutie22
08-14-2010, 12:28 PM
In a word RTFM (read the flippin manual ) lol this may help it will give you the location of the fuse panels and the proper fuses itself Page 192 of 248, try that.

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/owners-manual/nissan/2004-Nissan-Sentra.pdf

dancingqueen
08-14-2010, 12:28 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Were_are_the_fuses_located_for_dashboard_lights_in _a_2002_nissan_xterra_both_dash_board_and_ac_light s_went_out_and_based_on_the_owners_manual_and_fuse _description_i_cannot_seem_to_find_were_this_is

maybe this?
according to what I've read on Google, the fuses are supposed to be labeled, so there doesn't seem to be much help in the way of explaining where it is :s

cutie22
08-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Just looked at the manual, and the only fuse box it's listing is right beside the battery.

there is also one in the glove compartment in the passenger side I believe.

BrAt
08-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, I don't know about your car but we had an issue with our dash lights and it was caused my a faulty wire connecting our tail light. So, yes.. I would say that the tail lights have something to do with dash lights in some manner.

Bluesky
08-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks.. this is beyond my ability to fix. All those whop posted links, theyu don't help.. I cannot get to most websites and I certainly can't download a large PDF manual. :)

That was the point of my asking for help..
If there are fuses under the hood, I cannot find them. I have followed the wiring harness, and found some kind of solid looking plugs, like a junction.. but if there are fuses in there, it's not something the average place will carry. This needs a mechanic..

Barry Morris
08-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Maybe you should buy a new vehicle so that you have one less thing to worry about while you do your JOB!! :) :) :)

_daynzy
08-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks.. this is beyond my ability to fix. All those whop posted links, theyu don't help.. I cannot get to most websites and I certainly can't download a large PDF manual. :)

Don't sound so freakin' grateful ...

cutie22
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Hubby posted earlier under my name but when I was looking at the instructions here it says to remove the coin box then there is a fuse panel behind that. Now the fuse box that is under the hood is right beside the battery and is a black box and will have a cover. To remove that cover all you have to do is push the tab and lift up. Good luck and hope that you figure out your issue. It really sucks having dial up.

dancingqueen
08-14-2010, 04:26 PM

If there are fuses under the hood, I cannot find them. I have followed the wiring harness, and found some kind of solid looking plugs, like a junction.. but if there are fuses in there, it's not something the average place will carry. This needs a mechanic..

DOH!
from my link:
The dashboard is wired to the tail light circuit.
The 15amp fuse is in under the hood fusebox passenger-side next to the battery and is labeled TAIL, but includes the dashboard running lights.

Bluesky
08-14-2010, 04:41 PM
OK, the last 2 posts helped me find it.. the black box is on the OPPOSITE side of the battery. I opened it up, no labels, but all kinds of fuses; looks like I have to go to the dealer for those.

Thank you all. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful.

Barry Morris
08-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Fixed!!!

Bluesky
08-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Fixed!!!

I get by with a little help from my friends... :)

Thanks to SB, he spotted the little black box.. and there were the fuses... quite ordinary little guys..and the people that said it was next to the battery.. you were right. Why didn't I spot that!?