PDA

View Full Version : Seagate Expansion External Drive USB 2.0 Plug-and-play

korah_boy
08-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Today I installed a Seagate Expansion External Drive - Add-on Storage for PC - USB 2.0 Plug-and-play 1 TB. Now in my task bar I currently have a icon "Safely Remove Hardware" running.

My Anti-Virus program is " Norton 360 Premier Edition "

I was able to register on-line when I installed the external drive with Seagate.

Now that is just sitting there - appears the it has not back-up my data.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I am not very computer illerate?

Am I suppose to use Norton 360 to complete the back-up process?

Thanks....

BAILEYDOG
08-27-2010, 10:17 PM
that has nothing to do with your anti virus, anytime u plug an external storage device in this will pop up and u must hit it before unplugging the device from your computer to avoid messing it up.

axalon2003
08-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Is there a program loaded on the drive that you need to install to run the automated back ups?

korah_boy
08-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the advice...think - I've figured it out..I manually moved date files from "C" drive to the new drive "F" - after doing that I had a closer look at Norton and was able to back-up using Norton. What I am curious about now is the icon that I have running in the bottom task bar - icon when high lighted reads " Safely Remove Hardware " when I clock on that it reads " Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device - Drive (F)

cybolynx
09-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the advice...think - I've figured it out..I manually moved date files from "C" drive to the new drive "F" - after doing that I had a closer look at Norton and was able to back-up using Norton. What I am curious about now is the icon that I have running in the bottom task bar - icon when high lighted reads " Safely Remove Hardware " when I clock on that it reads " Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device - Drive (F)

that icon is for when you want to UNPLUG the external hard drive from your computer ... windows will stop all read and wright access to it so you can safely unplug it with out loosing some data ...

me personaly i dont trust programs to back up my data .. ill personaly copy and past data to my external drives ... i have 6 external hard drives ... 2 of wich are duplicate backups just incase a external hard drive dies ...

korah_boy
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the info and advice! Appreciate it...