PDA

View Full Version : Train Brainfart

09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Any train passenger services go out west from here?

Via?

Soonet-china
09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
No, just Agawa tours , far as i know!

09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Do they have a website?

Found it.

Google works huh.

09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Only as far as Hearst. I was thinking Winnipeg'ish.

Tutones
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
You can catch a Westbound VIA from White River to Vancouver, but you have to take the Greyhound to White River.

09-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Sweet. But that might be out of the question. Won't get to White River till like 3am. Then id have to find a warm place to stay until the train. It'll be in december. I wanted to travel to Manitoba, but I don't want to drive. I figured the train would be a nice scenic route.

everywoman
09-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Kabby- I caught the train from Capreol(which is Sudbury), to Vancouver, last fall(Via). It's an amazing trip, and the train is so cool! I'd love to do it again, only go east next time. Any questions, PM me. I even have photos of the beds, dining car etc...

Upper Decker
09-07-2010, 09:29 AM
what was the pricing on that everywoman roughly? I wanted to head out to nanaimo in the near future for a couple of weeks and wont fly and dread the greyhound.

everywoman
09-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Object X- I booked very last minutes, so I didn't get a deal...the price was $1700. That may sound like a lot, but let me tell you what that includes, for 3 full days of travel:

- a sleeping berth with turndown service every night, and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The sheets were crisp and smelled wonderful, and the turndown service includes a fresh "bag" every night, that has towels, soap, shampoo, mouthwash, earplugs etc, and you get bottled water and chocolates on your pillow
- 3 full meals per day, by a gourmet chef. 5 star dining. alcohol not included with meal, but you are allowed to drink in your berth, if you byob
- private clean bathroom and shower facilities
- a "bar" car where all kinds of drinks are served(at your own cost)- there are newpspapers, magazines etc. and also a free snack area that includes all kinds of teas, coffee, fruit, cookies etc
- a games car, and there is often live entertainment(we had a group of travelling musicians with guitars who were GREAT)
-a complimentary wine tasting

I would recommend this type of travel to anyone! I met the most interesting people, enjoyed seeing our country from a perspective that many other travellers don't see it from, and best of all relaxed! It was truly a trip in itself, just riding the rails.

Soonet-china
09-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Object X- I booked very last minutes, so I didn't get a deal...the price was $1700. That may sound like a lot, but let me tell you what that includes, for 3 full days of travel:

- a sleeping berth with turndown service every night, and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The sheets were crisp and smelled wonderful, and the turndown service includes a fresh "bag" every night, that has towels, soap, shampoo, mouthwash, earplugs etc, and you get bottled water and chocolates on your pillow
- 3 full meals per day, by a gourmet chef. 5 star dining. alcohol not included with meal, but you are allowed to drink in your berth, if you byob
- private clean bathroom and shower facilities
- a "bar" car where all kinds of drinks are served(at your own cost)- there are newpspapers, magazines etc. and also a free snack area that includes all kinds of teas, coffee, fruit, cookies etc
- a games car, and there is often live entertainment(we had a group of travelling musicians with guitars who were GREAT)
-a complimentary wine tasting

I would recommend this type of travel to anyone! I met the most interesting people, enjoyed seeing our country from a perspective that many other travellers don't see it from, and best of all relaxed! It was truly a trip in itself, just riding the rails.

Cool, booze not included, not cool,lol

everywoman
09-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Cheaper to buy your own, and drink while relaxing in your berth!! Then if you want a drink with supper, you're not spending a fortune! I'm thifty, so that's cool, right? hehe

NewCasa
09-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Cheaper to buy your own, and drink while relaxing in your berth!! Then if you want a drink with supper, you're not spending a fortune! I'm thifty, so that's cool, right? hehe

Yeah I dunno - that's $1700 for everything else and, you said three days? Call it the same for booze.

everywoman
09-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Huh?

NewCasa
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Huh?

Well, I'm just thinking if it's three whole days on the train I'd go through another $1700 in booze, that's all. Working on a budget here.

Bluesky
09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
In your secret life you're a boozehound?

everywoman
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, I'm just thinking if it's three whole days on the train I'd go through another $1700 in booze, that's all. Working on a budget here.

Ahh!

yoda
09-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I think that a trip like that would be a once in a lifetime trip and very memorable.:smile: