PDA

View Full Version : Well RW............

riggs
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Many analyst are predicting a good season for your Wings providing they remain healthy.

What do you think?

R W G R
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree.

This was the longest summer this team has had in a while, and I think that ups the hunger ante quite a bit. After three lengthy post-seasons, the rest will do the team good.

Already Ericcsson is out, after leaving last night's home opener against the Ducks with back spasms. On the other hand, Ericcsson has been a disappointment so far, so now Jakub Kindl should get the nod in Chi-town tonight on defense. The organization is cautiously optimistic about this kid.

Pavel Datsyuk had a Gordie Howe Hat-trick last night: he scored a goal, got an assist, and fought Corey Perry. Never underestimate what kind of 'glue' it gives a team when one of their superstars drops the mitts, especially early in the season.

The only obstacle I see to the Wings being a serious Cup contender this year is health. That's concern number 1. But concern number 1A is goaltender Jimmy Howard avoiding the dreaded sophomore slump. If he should falter there will be trouble. Chris Osgood is a dependable backup today, but nothing else. He cannot be a starter anymore, that train has left the station.

If Howard falters then it probably goes to Thomas McCullom. He has great potential, but is nowhere seasoned enough to take on a starting role.

Hell, after typing all that I've changed my mind. Health is a secondary concern...Jimmy Howard avoiding the Sophomore Slump is concern number one. Yeah, he shutout the Ducks last night, but then again that Ducks team isn't that good this year. They are so depleted on the blueline it is a distraction to their offensive power, such as Getzlaff and Selanne, who must concentrate way more on defense than is suitable to their overall style of play.

Jack Butler
10-09-2010, 08:26 PM
....yeah, but will anybody watch?

R W G R
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Another impressive win by the Wings last night.

Does anybody know if Toronto still has a pro hockey team?

riggs
10-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Despite their age, I still believe the Wings can be a contender. Health is an issue with any team but the Wings have the depth and an incredible team system that has proven itself in a number of situations. They have been able to adapt and correct their short comings because they believe in their system of play.

Who is Detroit currently nurturing that will have an impact in the near future?

Jack Butler
10-10-2010, 02:08 PM
....yeah, but will anybody watch?

riggs
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Economically the city is in bad shape, I agree. But that doesn't take away from a good team and a excellent system. The gate attendance is down of that I have no doubt, but as a fan of the sport, I do appreciate their style of play regardless of my liking of the team or not.

Jack Butler
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I think it's more the style of play.
Excuse me, pardon me hockey, doesn't sell in a blue collar town.
Although, Pavels fight vs Perry the other night, is a good sign!

riggs
10-11-2010, 12:06 PM
In the past I found the team very organized and structured. The players knew their assignment and followed a well layout plan. It may not be the most exciting hockey but I enjoy watching a team who knows what their suppose to do in a variety of situations. I also enjoy the fact they adapt quickly and anticipate.

As for Datsyuk and Perry's fight...........that came as a complete surprise.

Jack Butler
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I agree, Babes does a good job, he's Canadian!!
It's the character of the players or should I say lack of character of the players!
They're just a bunch of robots with no emotional attachment, IMO!
I give you, good robots, but robots nonetheless!
Datsyuk showed a side of himself no had seen and long overdue.

R W G R
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree, Babes does a good job

"Babes"

LOL

R W G R
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Hey, Jack, how 'bout your Maple Leafs?

American GM and American coach.

Jack Butler
10-11-2010, 05:17 PM
How about them?

Super Gram
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
How about the Leafs yah!!!!!! the only one I don't like is the sucky American coach........if they lose he is so busy talking about certain players....blames them for everything...Is he the coach or what?:confused2:

riggs
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree, Babes does a good job, he's Canadian!!
It's the character of the players or should I say lack of character of the players!
They're just a bunch of robots with no emotional attachment, IMO!
I give you, good robots, but robots nonetheless!
Datsyuk showed a side of himself no had seen and long overdue.

I think I understand what you're saying Jack. When their system is in full swing they do appear emotionless.Almost as if they're following a computer program.

riggs
10-12-2010, 09:48 AM
How about them?

They would do a lot better if they could block out media influence. I believe their roles in the community(although positive) make for a distraction that takes away from their game.

Oscar_Leroy
10-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Ron Wilson is Canadian (born in Windsor)... With that said, Wilson has proven to be pretty good in the past.. Just not so much with the Leafs. Here's to hoping for a turnaround.

R W G R
10-12-2010, 06:51 PM
How about the Leafs yah!!!!!! the only one I don't like is the sucky American coach........if they lose he is so busy talking about certain players....blames them for everything...Is he the coach or what?:confused2:

It's difficult, coaching all those Canadian boys. :)

R W G R
10-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Ron Wilson is Canadian (born in Windsor)...

So?

He claims American citizenship.

He coached the US Olympic team, can't do that if you're Canadian.

Jack Butler
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
All it takes is dual statis....duh!
Brett Hull ring any bells?

Jack Butler
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
So?

He claims American citizenship.

He coached the US Olympic team, can't do that if you're Canadian.

Ronald Lawrence Wilson (born May 28, 1955 in Windsor, Ontario) is a Canadian-American former professional ice hockey player and current head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL) and the United States men's national ice hockey team at the 2010 Winter Olympics. He is also the former head coach of the San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim of the NHL. Wilson holds dual citizenship of the United States and Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wil...hockey_b._1955)

Come on man...get it right or STFU!