PDA

View Full Version : hockey/skating class

MissMuffett
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
im thinking of putting my 4 year old into hockey, and where they teach them to skate too.. is there anyone on the west end of town that offers this?

Coach
10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey Muffett....there are no more 4 year old leagues in the sault since the Soo Pee Wee amd SRHA merged...however...The Ringette club allows 4 year old boys/girls in their learn to skate and play/Bunny league....full equipment....and I know my son loved it and didn't care one bit that it wasn't a hockey stick. He is at the pee wee now. They play out of the McMeeken also...Look up the Sault Ringette website...it should at least give you a contact #.
As for a price...It was $50 before Christmas and 50 after for 8 sessions each time. (16 total) THey may have changed the format and price but I believe it is more than reasonable...

Jack Butler
10-28-2010, 09:11 PM
If that doesn't due, you can enrol them in a can-skate program.
It's not hockey, but the skating lessons and results are huge in his hockey development later on.
Having a year of skating lessons, lets the child concentrate on the concept of the game rather than having the skating holding him back.
Lake Superior Figure Skating Club holds these types of programs at the Rhodes.
Having a jump on the skating aspect really helps with the fun and want to play.
Maybe ringette is more convenient, being at the McMeeken and hockey will have to wait?
I just tried to give you a option. I hope it helps.

http://www.lsfsc.ca/

...oh and all 5 year old hockey happens at the Pee Wee Arena, aside from practices booked by the coach at other Arenas.

Tutones
10-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I wanted to enroll my kids in skating lessons this fall but there was NO information out anywhere. Usually the school sends home the registration forms for Canskate but not this year. Thanks for the link. I didn't even realize that there was a fall session but I will definitely be enrolling my boys in the winter one. I can't wear skates anymore due to foot problems so I can't go on the ice with mys sons. I want my kids to be able to skate and enjoy it without spending all their time on their backsides!

... oh wait, just looked at the registration form and apparently I had to register by Oct 5th! This really sucks. They should seriously advertise more.