PDA

View Full Version : have to reboot after

jamey
11-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Could someone please help me??when i leave my computer for a while...i go to start using it again i click on ??firefox and it wont load a box pop`s up and say`s....insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested services...i have to reboot my computer to clear every thing then i can go on line...help would be appreciated....thank you...

Scoff
11-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you're running low on RAM.

How much RAM you running? (1 Gig or less? Should upgrade.) What OS? Do you know how many processes are running on boot-up?

The longer your computer is running, the more programs that get opened etc so you will accumulate memory usage. Worse yet if some of those programs have memory leaks then that will continue to add up while the machine is running. (svchost - System: A prime example of a process that accumulates memory usage through leaks, I usually kill the process manually after running bandwidth intense applications - file sharing, torrent etc)

Rebooting simply relieves all the leaking memory that has accumulated for you to start fresh.

If you have two gig or more RAM (and not much using it) then I would rethink what I just said.