PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sony VAIO laptop!

Tutones
11-26-2010, 04:51 PM
My laptop celebrated it's one year anniversary today by dying. It just won't turn on. The power button turns green, the screen turns grey and nothing else happens. I cannot get it to boot no matter what. There are no signs of activity of any kind. It was absolutely fine when I turned it off yesterday. Is there anything I can do or is my only option to take it back to future shop?

All I have to say is, I'm really glad I purchased an extended warranty on this one!

ByrdDawg
11-26-2010, 07:44 PM
What is the model no. ?

Tutones
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
VPCCW13FD

I looked it up and it seems to have been a very common problem on earlier models but less common on this model. I tried one suggestion to completely unplug the power supply and leave it disconnected for 30 minutes or so and then tried it. It worked and everything seems fine for now...

NewCasa
11-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Funny you'd post this. I've been cursing my Vaio all night. It's a bit older and it just can't seem to run the most basic stuff without crashing. It's a bit over 2 years old and the battery's shot but it just starts there. I figured Sony would be a bit better quality.

Tutones
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I've been very disappointed in the quality of mine. I've had occasional problems with the screen going black and having to reboot since it was a few months old. It has been running very slow lately as well. I just find it very suspicious that it crashed the day that my Norton Subscription expired.

Also find very poor sound quality from the speakers & microphone...

NewCasa
11-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah - seriously considering a Mac in the very near future. I've had about enough of PC's. This one's about the last straw I think.

ByrdDawg
11-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Norton is a memory hog - get rid of it.

If you are with Sympatico, don't you have the security services that they supply, and if you do, running two anti - virus programs is not a good thing.

Tutones
11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
If I bring it over, will you help me set up the sympatico security? Remember, it took me 5 years just to figure out how to set a security password on my wireless router!

mboy67
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Mac's are no better they use the same hardware now as PC based laptops and cost more to repair. There is no perfect brand and some models are better then others it's the luck of the draw.