PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Greeter

SmrtGrl
11-28-2010, 04:13 PM
0diggsdigg
322Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openfreak.com%2Fmy-1st-day-of-employment%2F&t=My%201st%20Day%20of%20Employment%20%C2%AB%20Open Freak.Com&src=sp)

So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day….
About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.
I said pleasantly, ‘Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?’
The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say,
‘Hell no, they ain’t twins. The oldest one’s 9, and the other one’s 7.
Why the hell would you think they’re twins? Are you blind, or stupid?’
So I replied, ‘I’m neither blind nor stupid, Ma’am, I just couldn’t believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.’
My supervisor said I probably wasn’t cut out for this line of work.

Barry Morris
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I have always thought that people in this line of work should have a "freebie" at least once a month.

mistyblue
11-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Good for you I could not do that job. I drove a cab for about three years so I could just pull over tell them get out and walk. But as for that job not that easy. I now have a job that I don't have to deal with a$$ hole any more just the one's I work with lol

SmrtGrl
11-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Good for you I could not do that job. I drove a cab for about three years so I could just pull over tell them get out and walk. But as for that job not that easy. I now have a job that I don't have to deal with a$$ hole any more just the one's I work with lol

Haha...misty I never actually worked as a walmart greeter...it was a joke I came across and thought it funny so decided to share...however there is a lot of truth to it...I worked many years in customer service and have many times wanted to say something probably just as bad but always smiled, bit my tongue and told the customer to have a nice day. Thankfully I don't work in customer service anymore either!!

A*lil*Loopy
12-03-2010, 06:51 PM
The staff here at work are wanting me to be a WalMart greeter for a day. They actually were going to place bets at how long I'd last. They ranged from 15 minutes to about 45 minutes.
"Welcome to Walmart, birth control is in the pharmacy section!" would likely be one of my first greets.

SmrtGrl
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
The staff here at work are wanting me to be a WalMart greeter for a day. They actually were going to place bets at how long I'd last. They ranged from 15 minutes to about 45 minutes.
"Welcome to Walmart, birth control is in the pharmacy section!" would likely be one of my first greets.

LMAO!!! I can totally relate to that school of thought!