PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to a before christmas christmas pot luck luncheon at work...

tasma
12-01-2010, 01:29 AM
I am trying to think of something smart to bring and I can't think of anything good and dazzleing. It has to be something easyish made ahead of time and presented as is at lunch time as i also have to work that day. Any good suggestions? We have a sign up sheet and someone is already bringing dessert and meatballs and buns.

Luv to be on the GO
12-01-2010, 01:46 AM
So many differtent dips you can make and take crackers for dipping ..
the spinach dip with the pumpernickle bread
is so so good ..Some people serve it hot but
mine is cold and AWESOME !
I found tons of receipes on Google !

tasma
12-01-2010, 03:49 AM
that is a good idea crackers and dip. I will look for a good one. Thanks

Melanie Booker
12-01-2010, 10:31 AM
a cheese ball offers a festive looking presentaion. rolled in crushed nuts or chives. surrounded with a ring of different types of crackers.

maybe throw together an olive plate as well

BrAt
12-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Easy and delicious cracker spread...

Spread cream cheese on a platter (1 or 2 packages depending on number of people and size of platter)
Crumble canned crab over top of cream cheese
Spread seafood sauce over crab meat

I have served this with Sociables crackers as well as Triscuits... both are great choices.

Melanie Booker
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
ooohhhhh..i've had that Brat! it's realllllly goooood!

ssmarie
12-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Easy and delicious cracker spread...

Spread cream cheese on a platter (1 or 2 packages depending on number of people and size of platter)
Crumble canned crab over top of cream cheese
Spread seafood sauce over crab meat

I have served this with Sociables crackers as well as Triscuits... both are great choices.

I do this too but sometimes I use the Helluva Dip instead of cream cheese - really good too!!!!

japhia316
12-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I would also try cream cheese with a raspberry jam mixed in for crackers

SarahMac
12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
What about a salad?

I make a great Christmassy salad.

1/2 baby spinach and 1/2 romaine lettuce mixed together. A bunch of peeled clementine oranges, a large handful of pecan halves, and some thinly sliced red onion. Top with a dressing made of 1/2 C vegetable oil, 1/4 C white vinegar, 1 clove of garlic, and a small handful of pecans. Blend together and toss on salad. It's super delicious.