1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts ( Optional )
1 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
35 (10-oz. pkg.) caramels, unwrapped
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Method

Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in 2/3 cup evaporated milk and butter (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle morsels over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture.
Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
Cool in pan on wire rack.

to see illustrated instructions:
http://zestycook.com/the-brownie-that-will-change-your-life/

MagicFingers
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Maybe if you send these to school with your child the lunch person will let him eat them....LOL They do sound yummy....toooo yummy

SmrtGrl
12-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe if you send these to school with your child the lunch person will let him eat them....LOL They do sound yummy....toooo yummy

haha!! Actually I have sent these but there wasn't an issue...weird! And you're right they ARE yummy and oh so easy to make!

MagicFingers
12-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Can you make them using a from scratch brownie recipe? HMMMM wondering how that would work...?

SmrtGrl
12-02-2010, 02:05 PM
hmm good question...the recipe uses a chocolate cake mix with 2/3c evaporated milk & 1/2c melted butter...the consistency is very thick so if you can simulate that it might work...maybe use the same dry ingredients the brownie recipe calls for but use the evaporated milk and melted butter?? if you try it let me know how it turns out!

MagicFingers
12-02-2010, 02:56 PM
The reason I ask is because I use victorian epicure products which are amazing but they have the best brownies....and soooo easy to make but I figure if I use what you stated for the wet ingredients it might work.

SmrtGrl
12-02-2010, 04:43 PM
ok you've piqued my curiosity...victorian epicure??

MagicFingers
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
sending you a private message.

Luv to be on the GO
12-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Oh those ooey gooey chocolate carmel
brownies sound AWESOME ... Thanks for a new receipe !!!

SIMBA
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
That is the perfect PMS fix!! :)

SmrtGrl
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
That is the perfect PMS fix!! :)

Have you tried them yet?? lol

I forgot to mention that I found kraft caramel bits across the river at walmart...never checked to see if we had them in stores on our side but either way if you can find them they save you the time of peeling 35 caramels....so you can get that PMS fix a lot faster!!! :)

BrAt
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
You can get the caramel bits here. I just saw them the other day. It was either WalMart or NoFrills.

SIMBA
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Have you tried them yet?? lol

I forgot to mention that I found kraft caramel bits across the river at walmart...never checked to see if we had them in stores on our side but either way if you can find them they save you the time of peeling 35 caramels....so you can get that PMS fix a lot faster!!! :)

Not yet but I plan too really soon!!! Thanks for the tip about the caramel bits!!