MagicFingers
12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Yesterday this is what I got accomplished

Tieplates made
7 layer bars Made
buttery almonde bars Made
Chocolate Macaroons Made
gingerbread Made

I still have ginetties, gumdrop cake, shortbreads oh henry bars to make but today I am just spent. I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING.

ssmarie
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
gee way to go....the 7 layer bars sound good...do you have time to post recipe or send it to me when you do have time...thanks a bunch....

MagicFingers
12-08-2010, 11:36 AM
They are super easy although I have been tweaking the recipe a bit as I never find the bottom is quite right. So here it goes.

1 stick butter = 1/4 cup
graham cracker crumbs it says like 1 cup but you need more and I add a little sugar. You are making a 9X13 pan so you need a graham cracker crust bottom.
then you put 1 cup shredded coconut
pour 1 can of condensed milk over top
1/2 package milk chocolate chips
1/2 package butterscotch chips
and 1 cup chopped nuts I don't like nuts so I sprinkle the skor bits (toffee bits)

Bake 350 for 20 minutes or until sides are somewhat golden pulling away from sides. Let cool then cut into bars. I find it easier to let it cool and then I put the pan in the fridge and cut when they are solid.

ssmarie
12-08-2010, 11:50 AM
thanks a whole bunch...sound good and I will make these for sure

Xzavia
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks, I think this is one of the recipes I've been looking for. One of the guys used to bring this into work every Christmas potluck, but I never knew what it was called. Just had a good idea what was in it and that it was really sweet. I can't have it but the rest of the clan would love this.