PDA

View Full Version : prob with pc turning itself off anytime.

AmdWolfman
12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
my pc turns off intermitaly at no certain time. it happens when i'm in the middle of something,it pisses me off

it will shut itself off. then if i plug in a lamp that works in the socket.

SSMP
12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Sounds like you could be having power supply problems. It may be time for a new supply.

NewCasa
12-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Check all the fans inside and make sure they're working. It could also be something overheating. This happened to me before and I found that the fan on my VGA card had died.

Super Gram
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
My computer won't come to life after I shut off the screeen. That maybe my problem tooo.

AmdWolfman
12-11-2010, 11:04 AM
well it is a old place, it's more then likely the wiring. But if it's the wiring why would a lamp still work in the outlet.,,,,,thx

AmdWolfman
12-16-2010, 06:40 PM
If it goes off on it's own ,i checked the same outlet for a lamp lo and behold it worked. IS IT PSU problems.

Scooby-Doo
12-18-2010, 02:25 AM
A Can of Compressed air to the fans should eliminate the over heating.
Also try keeping the sides off the tower for a couple of days and see if it shuts off.
Eliminate the issue one piece at a time you'll find the issue...

AmdWolfman
02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Mboy noticed some corrion on one of the capacitors, it was like a leaking battery. He sold me another one which is like a upgrade from my screieone. so it was the mobo 's faulty board. i did have it for about 3-4 yrs tho. lucky it didn't blow whilst all this issue was going on.

Ebantis
02-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Always start with something simple.

if I only read the first post I'd say overheating. Clean the fans in the computer, don't have your computer near any baseboard heaters and don't have your heat cranked in the computer room. If it's usually right when your in the middle of something, it's probably putting a load on the computer and heating it up. Failsafe will kick in and turn the computer off to save itself. Add more fans to your computer, take the side off and observe the fans as your computer is on to make sure none of them had died on you. Even take the side off and point a desktop fan inside it to keep it cool. if it doesn't turn off, or takes longer for it to turn off, then it's a heat problem. Have it professionally cleaned of dust, get bigger fans (or more fans) etc.

If that didn't work, i'd go for the other things