PDA

View Full Version : adware blocked

hobo
12-09-2010, 08:31 PM
About 2 hours ago I started to get adware blocker running using shaw secure. I let the program remove the adware which was listed as smarttad.d. About the 4th time the program removed the adware the program just ran endlessly without stopping. I did a computer scan and removed 1 malware item but now I am having the same problem. The strange part is that this adware only pops up when I try to acces sootoday.com, soonews.ca and usedsoo.com. This has never happened before and I was wondering if anyone else using shawsecure has this problem.

I am going to call shaw back and see what they recomend next after the computer scan which didnt eliminate the problem.

hobo
12-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Just talked to shaw and they seem to be aware of some problem they are having with adware smarttad.d and java script on some websites - I have no idea what this means but they say ignore it and they are working on it.

Super Gram
12-10-2010, 07:24 PM
If I were you I would download AVG free. I was talking to a tech some time ago and he says shaws adware can bug up your machine.