PDA

View Full Version : Cant get on sites

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 01:39 PM
There are a few sites I cant get into all of a sudden, hotmail, my sault college site etc. There is a yellow page that pops up saying:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to login.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

login.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate will not be valid until 10/4/2010 8:00 PM.

Is this a virus..or...?

Luv'inLife
12-13-2010, 01:46 PM
mine is doing the same...internet explorer, msn.....

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Hm. Thats weird. I am using firefox, I have never had this problem but I need onto those sites..like now lol.

Hans
12-13-2010, 02:23 PM
<SPAN id=ctl00_MainContent_lblBody>
Google's advertising subsidiary DoubleClick and Microsoft’s MSN ads service both have admitted to falling for a clever scheme by some nasty black hat hackers. Malicious banner ads (http://www.dailytech.com/EWeek+Ads+Infect+Users+Thanks+to+Adobe+Flaw/article14407.htm) for both services were found to be trying to perform (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=20373#) drive-by download exploitation and install malware on users' machines.

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
Users visit websites that incorporate banner ads from DoubleClick or rad.msn.com, the malicious javascript is served from ADShufffle.com (notice the three f's), starts a drive-by download process and if successful, HDD Plus and other malware are installed into the victim's machine, without having the need to trick the victim into doing anything or clicking on anything. Simply visiting the page infects the visitors.<EM><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Verdana">

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok...in english now please? lol

AmdWolfman
12-13-2010, 04:53 PM
probally Norton,lol. have you had any door too door people salesman lately?. don't give out your info. anyways' carry on .

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
No, no door to door salesmen, well one for the some energy company but did not give any info to them. But are you saying I should use norton? Or that is what he is saying?? LOL I am so lost

Hans
12-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Malicious banner ads for both services were found to be trying to perform drive-by download exploitation and install malware on users' machines. malware are installed into the victim's machine, without having the need to trick the victim into doing anything or clicking on anything. Simply visiting the page infects the visitors.

To make a long story short : some banners that automatically pop up on google and msn contained malware/viruses that automatically infected a system by visiting google or msn, without you having to click or do anything.
It is possible your machine was infected in that way.

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 06:54 PM
So what do I do about it? Is there soft ware that is good for this? How do I get rid of what is downloaded on my computer now to download a new software? I know...I am very computer stupid.

Hans
12-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I am not saying you are infected, just stating you might be infected. Is your date and time set correctly on your computer?

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, date and time is fine. The above issue is the only one I had so far. My Fiance chose to "know the risks" and made the site safe again, but it must have said it was unsafe for a reason..I just cant figure out what the reason is...

Hans
12-13-2010, 07:04 PM
It sometimes is because certain html code might be seen as unsafe, yet it is safe. It's called a false positive.

Dragonfly
12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Oh alright, thanks!

Scooby-Doo
12-18-2010, 01:33 AM
When in doubt reset IE.
Open Internet options, Goto Advanced tab, hit the bottom Reset, put a Check in "Delete personal setting", hit Reset.
Close all the windows and try it again.

Dragonfly
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks Scooby-Doo, I'll try that!