PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

Karen-Annie
12-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I was trying to do something in the "Display" area of the control panel. In the "settings" tab, I clicked on "advanced" and changed the font setting from normal to large. WRONG thing to do! Now pages are too big for the screen. When I try to switch back to normal fonts, I can't access the "apply" or OK buttons at the bottom of the page because of the size of the page. Tried to drag the page but can't.

How do I fix this and get back to a "normal" font size?

Upper Decker
12-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Look for DPI settings in the display settings and set it back to 90 DPI ( im almost pausitive thats the stock setting).

Karen-Annie
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
That's the problem...when I try to do that I can't get it to apply because I can't to the apply button.

Upper Decker
12-15-2010, 02:53 PM
not sure if this works with your OS. But here is what Ive done with that problem.

1. Press the Windows key on the keyboard, type dpi in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.
2. Press the Tab key to point to "Set custom text size (DPI)" and then press ENTER.
3. Press the Tab key to point to the "Scale to this percentage of normal size" text box.
4. Clear the current percentage using Backspace and then type 100.
5. Press ENTER to hit OK.
6. Press the Tab key to hit Apply.
7. Log off and then log on to see if the issue can be resolved.

or you can go jedi and hit tab until you get the apply button lol.

Scooby-Doo
12-18-2010, 01:28 AM
If its the web browser, hold down CTRL key then use your scroll on the mouse.
That will make the font different sizes depending on what way you move the scroll button.