PDA

View Full Version : garbage day

bluekrissyspikes
12-27-2010, 10:16 PM
is the garbage behind a day this week?

Huggy85
12-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Nope. Ours was picked up this morning. Regular day.

bluekrissyspikes
12-27-2010, 11:08 PM
okay, thanks.

Luv'inLife
12-28-2010, 06:36 AM
it will be off by 1 day next week

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Can anyone tell me what day of the week it is...

Luv'inLife
12-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Can anyone tell me what day of the week it is...

today is Tuesday [maybe lay off the booze for a while]

Dragonfly
12-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Ya, the recycle guy just came and get our mountains of recyclables lol

Tutones
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Why would it be? New Year's Day is on Saturday. It would have made more sense to leave it off by one day Christmas week rather than once school is back in.

Huggy85
12-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Why would it be? New Year's Day is on Saturday. It would have made more sense to leave it off by one day Christmas week rather than once school is back in.

Tutones is right to question. Regular pick up next week too.

http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.ca/Open_Page.aspx?ID=266&deptid=1

CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR’S HOLIDAYS
Note: Regular Day Collection - Christmas Day is Saturday and Boxing Day
is Sunday and New Year's is on a Saturday
Monday, December 20th - Friday, December 24th, 2010 - regular day pickup

Monday, December 27th - Friday, December 31st, 2010 - regular day pickup

Monday, January 3rd, 2011, - Friday, January 7th, 2011 - regular day pickup

2ne1
12-28-2010, 10:18 AM

if christmas or boxing day was on a weekday then yes one day behind, and since both where on the weekend it will be your ussual day for pick up

Evil Monkey
12-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Tutones is right to question. Regular pick up next week too.

http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.ca/Open_Page.aspx?ID=266&deptid=1

That info is not correct!http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.ca/newsitem.aspx?ID=645&deptid=2
The Landfill site will close at noon on December 24. The Landfill site will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 27 to Friday, December 31. Closed January 1, 2 and 3.

No refuse and recycling collection on Monday, January 3. Collection will be one day late from January 4 to 8. The Landfill will open Saturday, January 8 from 8:30 am to 2:30 p.m.

The two-bag limit is waived for the period December 27 through January 8 provided you are recycling and the number of excess bags is within reason. Wrapping paper is recyclable with the exception of foil and cellophane. Refuse must be placed curbside by 7:30 a.m. to ensure pickup.

Evil Monkey
12-28-2010, 10:36 AM

The holiday is Sat so in order to get the holiday they take Monday off.

Huggy85
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
The holiday is Sat so in order to get the holiday they take Monday off.

Using that logic, Christmas collection would have been 2 days late; Saturday and Sunday were both stats. It wasn't. One of the website pages is definitely wrong, that's for sure

Luv'inLife
12-28-2010, 11:49 AM
That info is not correct!http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.ca/newsitem.aspx?ID=645&deptid=2
The Landfill site will close at noon on December 24. The Landfill site will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 27 to Friday, December 31. Closed January 1, 2 and 3.

No refuse and recycling collection on Monday, January 3. Collection will be one day late from January 4 to 8. The Landfill will open Saturday, January 8 from 8:30 am to 2:30 p.m.

The two-bag limit is waived for the period December 27 through January 8 provided you are recycling and the number of excess bags is within reason. Wrapping paper is recyclable with the exception of foil and cellophane. Refuse must be placed curbside by 7:30 a.m. to ensure pickup.

I live with a garbage man...I already know, AND its been on the radio a few times.

Huggy85
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I live with a garbage man.

The most reliable source there is. Thanks for clearing that up.

Evil Monkey
12-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Using that logic, Christmas collection would have been 2 days late; Saturday and Sunday were both stats. It wasn't. One of the website pages is definitely wrong, that's for sure

All city services were closed Fri to make up for one holiday day and they worked yesterday and were paid double time. All the banks and federal provincial government offices have been closed and will reopen tomorrow. I am not sure why they work that way but that's how it is.

Luv'inLife
12-28-2010, 03:17 PM

"logic", do you live in the Soo,lol

Barry Morris
12-28-2010, 03:21 PM
The garbage guys have an interesting tactic. Think about it.

If they WORK that day that we all think is a holiday, they have a light work week ALL WEEK!!!

Joy.D
12-28-2010, 09:09 PM

Note: 2 refuse bag limit waived from Monday, December 27, 2010 to Friday, January 7, 2011 – only if you are recycling.

Please recycle Christmas wrap and cardboard.
Place refuse / recycling on the ground level – do not put on snow banks
Packaging poly-styrene (solid pieces of styrofoam) drop off at Cambrian Mall Saturday, December 26, 2009 to Saturday, January 9, 2010. Place in clear plastic bag to keep clean and dry.
Christmas tree drop off at Cambrian Mall Monday, December 27, 2010 to Saturday, January 8, 2011.

COPIED AND PASTED RIGHT OFF THE WEBSITE

Luv'inLife
12-28-2010, 09:27 PM

Note: 2 refuse bag limit waived from Monday, December 27, 2010 to Friday, January 7, 2011 – only if you are recycling.

Please recycle Christmas wrap and cardboard.
Place refuse / recycling on the ground level – do not put on snow banks
Packaging poly-styrene (solid pieces of styrofoam) drop off at Cambrian Mall Saturday, December 26, 2009 to Saturday, January 9, 2010. Place in clear plastic bag to keep clean and dry.
Christmas tree drop off at Cambrian Mall Monday, December 27, 2010 to Saturday, January 8, 2011.

COPIED AND PASTED RIGHT OFF THE WEBSITE

the website is wrong...keep up

Super Gram
12-29-2010, 07:41 AM
lol lol...I am married to a retired B of W General foreman and he is never wrong. The same as a garbage man

IMHO
12-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Are garbage pickup men sent to a training camp that shows them how to throw the emptied garbage pails as far as they can? How come there are no FEMALE city employees on the garbage runs? Why do garbage pickup employees always have a scowl on their face?

Luv'inLife
12-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Are garbage pickup men sent to a training camp that shows them how to throw the emptied garbage pails as far as they can? How come there are no FEMALE city employees on the garbage runs? Why do garbage pickup employees always have a scowl on their face?

1. they try and throw them so they dont roll on the road
2. maybe no females applied
3. what do they have to smile about, its heavy work and many people are inconsiderate and over fill the bags...and its garbage[maybe they arent grumpy scowling just trying not to smell your stinky garbage]

12-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Our old collector always threw ours and our neighbors (all down the street) cans into the ditch. When my elderly neighbor had asked him not to do so, the trash collector said "Then bring the garbage to the dump yourself". For someone reason he isn't on our route anymore.

12-29-2010, 09:41 AM
1. they try and throw them so they dont roll on the road
2. maybe no females applied
3. what do they have to smile about, its heavy work and many people are inconsiderate and over fill the bags...and its garbage[maybe they arent grumpy scowling just trying not to smell your stinky garbage]

Overfill? With a family in this house, and the limited recycling, we put as much as we can in a garbage bag. If I can carry it to the curb myself, I leave it. If it's too heavy, or I find it might be too heavy, I'll bring it to the inlaws for them to dispose of. (They make frequent dump trips).

I saw limited recycling because they don't recycle all plastics. Even though they say a certain number on the containers, the city still won't take them most of the times LOL

Luv'inLife
12-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Overfill? With a family in this house, and the limited recycling, we put as much as we can in a garbage bag. If I can carry it to the curb myself, I leave it. If it's too heavy, or I find it might be too heavy, I'll bring it to the inlaws for them to dispose of. (They make frequent dump trips).

I saw limited recycling because they don't recycle all plastics. Even though they say a certain number on the containers, the city still won't take them most of the times LOL

hense the scowl on the garbage mans face...he doesn't make the rules, he just has to follow them and take the blame.