PDA

View Full Version : breast augmentation

Giggle Squirt
01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone have this done? Who was your surgeon and what is to be expected after the procedure...

CANDY_74
01-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Id also like some answers to this....as well as costs?
And length of recovery etc.....

Giggle Squirt
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I have called a few surgeons already. Depending on product your averaging 8200. Plus travel costs.

rmkryan
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know if Dr. Best does them?

HDV
01-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Mu cousin has extremely large breasts and was causing her back issues. Her was paid for through Ohip. Only reason they paid it was health reasons. If you do just cause you want smaller boobs then you have to pay. Is your health issues or personal issues? If it is health talk to your doctor and he/she may be able to help you.
BTW. My cousin had this done when she was 24, she is now 36. SO maybe things have changed since then.

Jack Butler
01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know if Dr. Best does them?

Yes.

http://www.bestsurg.com/

Dragonfly
01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
That site also says that in some cases the province covers it.

Giggle Squirt
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I want bigger boobs. If I get any smaller they will be inverted.

Tutones
01-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Mu cousin has extremely large breasts and was causing her back issues. Her was paid for through Ohip. Only reason they paid it was health reasons. If you do just cause you want smaller boobs then you have to pay. Is your health issues or personal issues? If it is health talk to your doctor and he/she may be able to help you.
BTW. My cousin had this done when she was 24, she is now 36. SO maybe things have changed since then.

You are thinking of a 'Breast Reduction'. The OP is asking about enlarging her breasts, not reducing them. ;) If it were possible to donate, I'd gladly give you my DDDD's. Big Breasts are not all they are cracked up to be. They can literally be a pain in the neck, not to mention shoulders and back!

Giggle Squirt
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't want anything that extreme. Just something to fill out a shirt or dress. After over5 years of researching and contemplating the pros and cons of having it done. I have decided to go ahead and do it. For now I will have to live with my double push up bras lol.

HDV
01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
You are thinking of a 'Breast Reduction'. The OP is asking about enlarging her breasts, not reducing them. ;) If it were possible to donate, I'd gladly give you my DDDD's. Big Breasts are not all they are cracked up to be. They can literally be a pain in the neck, not to mention shoulders and back!

ahhh yes my mistake..* blushes*

Dragonfly
01-05-2011, 11:34 AM

I agree, mind you I only have a D36 myself but they can go anyway time now.

CANDY_74
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I want bigger boobs. If I get any smaller they will be inverted.

Thats my thing too....I want bigger

CANDY_74
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't want anything that extreme. Just something to fill out a shirt or dress. After over5 years of researching and contemplating the pros and cons of having it done. I have decided to go ahead and do it. For now I will have to live with my double push up bras lol.

Ive researched it for a long time as well, and I really want them done too! Just got to get the money together....

I hate push-up bras with a freakin passion...lol...

bohd
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
i hope you are a woman lol

Google It
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I've had them done here in the Sault about a year ago, by Dr. Best ( I also had a consultation with the other plastic surgeon in the Sault who also does it, but choose dr. best). I went from A34 to D34. He was fantastic. I did all my research first, for years actually. There are many things to consider. High profile, round, textured or not, saline, silicon, cohesive gel silicon (Saline being the cheapest, with also the most risk of messing up). Although size does not affect the cost, type shape and material do. $8,200.00 is alot. My friend got it done at the same time in Toronto, and she paid 6400. I had mine here, and in total, with hospital and admin fees, it was approx. 7,000.00.
There is alot more to consider....I could talk all day about it!
It's also important to realize that no matter who you go to, they will tell you that this is NOT a one time procedure. Expect more in the future.
I highly recommend it!

MagicFingers
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Breast augmentation and breast reduction are two different things. OHIP will cover breast reduction if it is causing medical issues. However there is a criteria that the surgeon will go through with you in order to see if you qualify. I lost 130 lbs and needed some breast augmentation. However although there were medical reasons I needed it OHIP would not cover it because it didn't meet the criteria. Breast reduction they cover as it removes tissue. I needed an augmentation which was a lift and removal of skin which is considered different than the fatty tissue being removed in a reduction. I had other cosmetic surgery done in ottawa and he was amazing......I would highly recommend him. If anyone wants info I can send it to you. I had thoraciobrachioplasty done and it cost me $7600 as much as it was very painful I was glad I had it done and would do it again.

dancingqueen
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Anyone taking donations? I don't want mine...

A*lil*Loopy
01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I have a family member who had it done. She ended up in Brampton at a laser clinic. It cost her about $4800 a few years ago, and she financed it.
The Doctor had a consultation with her and reviewed her reasons, sized her with the proper apparatus and councelled both her and her husband about how it would be done, what the healing would be like, etc. She was set up with a retired nurse in a bed and breakfast for her stay in Brampton so that they could keep an eye on her and make sure she understood her medications, etc.

She was going to do it locally. During her consult she forgot to ask but called afterwards and they refused to show her a portfolio......saying it was personal pictures of people....maybe it was Best not to have it done locally for her. She was charged for the local consultation and he advised her to go and buy bras in the size she wanted, put water balloons in them and see if she liked the size. There were just too many red flags, maybe things have changed since then.

She is completely thrilled and had a great recovery. I tried to look it up but there are a few clinics in Brampton now. At the time, the Doctor owned the clinic and he worked doing reconstructive surgery at the TO Hospital for Sick Kids. He was more than qualified and properly licensed.

MagicFingers
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
This is where I had my cosmetic surgery and it was an amazing experience. http://www.kanataplasticsurgery.com/

CANDY_74
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Anyone taking donations? I don't want mine...

LOL.....you're funny DQ!! If it was as easy as taking fat off certain body parts and using that fat towards my b.o.o.b.s then it would already be done...lol...

Giggle Squirt
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
ya at least he gave you something. When you have been the same bra size sine you were 12 it gets frustrating.