PDA

View Full Version : Any help would be appreciated

SweetBiotch
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Ok here's my question..I have been trying to go to my bank and a few other sites online as i usually do and I keep getting a message that says, "You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to www.scotiaonline.scotiabank.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Any ideas?

SmrtGrl
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
try connecting with Internet explorer and see what happens

b&aMom
01-12-2011, 01:00 PM
How are you getting there? Bookmark, typing the address? Try just scotiaonline, see if you get in that way. Clear cookies, history and junk, maybe? I was at the site about an hour ago, no trouble for me.

SweetBiotch
01-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes i tried that and it gives me a similar warning

SweetBiotch
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
i tried using bookmark, then i tried just typing in Scotiaonline and then http://www.scotiaonline.com every way i try it comes up with the warning

SweetBiotch
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
i also am getting the warning at the shaw website and koodo

SmrtGrl
01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
sounds like you might have a virus or something on your pc

SmrtGrl
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I just logged into Koodo through firefox with no problems

Hope
01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Shaw was doing that to me to, on 2 different computers.

SweetBiotch
01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I phoned and talked to Shaw and he told me to reinstall my browsers.My computer isn't recognizing some things he said, so i will try that..Ty everyone for your help.I'll let you know if i fix this..

chris5
01-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Shaw was doing that to me to, on 2 different computers.

Your avitar almost looks x-rated... lol maybe my minds in the gutter....

Hans
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
When you connect with https instead of http you should automatically receive a security certificate that securely identifies the remote site.
If it does not than there's a good chance you have some type of virus. It has nothing to do with Shaw as they do not issue these certificates.
If it's doing it on all browsers you could have an OS issue.

Hans
01-12-2011, 05:55 PM
And you can also try this : http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~perspectives/index.html

SweetBiotch
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Well here a new one..some how the date on my pc was set at 1980.lol There's a flash from the past and i had to reinstall firefox and internet explorer..I think everything is fixed now..thank you all for your assistance..

Hope
01-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I didn't do anything just waited it out and it's fixed. And Chris5 , my god it's only smoke in a heart...lol Down boy...lol

Karen-Annie
01-13-2011, 12:43 PM
While this doesn't sound like the same problem we had, I want to pass along an issue we had. Both BobToe and I were getting e-mails supposedly from Scotiabank that someone was trying to access our accounts and to click on the link in the e-mail to update "secure" info/identifiers. Since Bob doesn't have an account with Scotiabank.....and I am always suspicious of those kinds of messages.....I forwarded the e-mail to the RCMP net fraud reporting site and mentioned it the next time I was in the bank. The teller gave us an addy to also report it phishing@scotiabank.com

I've also received similar messages from other banks-TD, CIBC, RBC and BMO-and since we don't have accounts with them, those e-mails get forwarded to the RCMP net fraud reporting addy as well.

Sadly there are many who are not fully computer savy about these cons.

Joy.D
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
If the date and time on your computer is wrong it is unable to confirm the security certificates the website provides. The 1st thing I always check is the time and date then go from there.

SweetBiotch
01-14-2011, 01:47 PM
thank you.I will sure know that for next time lol

SweetBiotch
01-14-2011, 01:49 PM
yes i i have heard about these ploys and i never give out any info or click on those kinds of e-mail link etc..Thank you for the tip though