PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly.

Giggle Squirt
01-14-2011, 07:49 PM
How did your dinner/fundraiser for your trip to Africa go?

Peety
01-14-2011, 07:52 PM
When is your trip?

Giggle Squirt
01-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Safely I am not going anywhere :(

01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes, how was the fund raiser? When is the trip?

Arcana XV
01-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I had no idea of this fundraiser, when was it and where did it take place? What was it for?

01-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Not too sure? Dragon fly was raising money for a vacation to Africa or something? Mabe not vacation, but first aid to help people?

Giggle Squirt
01-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Ya to raise money to go to Africa to help. I was judge curious to see if she raised enough money to go

bluekrissyspikes
01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
i beleive dragonfly had to cancel her trip and the fundraiser, and that all the money raised by the tickets has been fully refunded to the people who bought them. i am not sure what happened to ruin her plans only that there were personal reasons. too bad though, what an excellent experience that would have been.

Dragonfly
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I had sold quite a bit of tickets and it took me about 3 weeks to track everyone to return all the tickets. I had a medical emergency come up, so unfortunately until I finish doing what I have to do for this issue I can't go. I was told that this issue may not be resolved by then so the safest bet until I know fully what is happening was to cancel my seat for now. My issue would not be covered by medical insurance if it were to happen in Africa because it is something that I have suffered from before and most plans do not cover preexisting conditions and it's not a condition to play around with.

I will go probably another year if I can figure out a way to get travel insurance, the money I spent is transferable to another time but only if I can figure out a way to get travel insurance because its just not a risk I can take especially since a lot of what can be contracted over there directly affects the area of concern that I currently have which puts me even more at risk.

So, hopefully someday I can get this to work out.