PDA

View Full Version : wives

rmkryan
01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
So my wife is really into photography. I have no clue what she is talking about when she is telling me about iso, aperture, exposure rates and I tried to surprise her by going into blacks and getting her a macro lens but I didn't end up getting it because I had no idea what the guy was talking about. What do you do with your wife that you have no interest in or no clue as to what she is talking about but go along just to make her happy. Giggle almost got me shot by dragging me along on a photo shoot on st joes island during hunting season. We were hiking down the road through the bush and then we heard the gun shots like right behind it. I wanted to high tail it out of there but she wanted to keep going.

everywoman
01-21-2011, 01:18 PM
My spouse is into fish/aquariums big time. It makes my eyes glaze over! I just listen politely while he talks about it, cause I know it's important to him. I just let him do his thing, because it's what makes him happy.

PS...rmk next time wear orange!!!

Ebantis
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
i wish my wife would take up something like that. get her out of the house and my hair once in awhile. GEOCACHING..... YA. get her lost in the bush looking for random crap. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Hope
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
It makes my eyes glaze over! LOL

Jackie B
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
My huband is into computers. Not just computers, but building circuit boards, writing code, building them from the ground up, also inventing things, plus he's into alternative energy stuff. Crazy things like splitting hydrogen out of water, Tesla type stuff. I have no idea what he' talking about 99% of the time. For me, it's all about the smile and nod....jut smile and nod.

A*lil*Loopy
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Might I recommend a safety vest with reflectors for your outings with your wife? The worst that can happen wearing one of those is a local asking you what you are doing,,,,,,,,,then you can get information on locations for Giggle to shoot. Points add up.lol

My poor husband doesn't have time to get a hobby because I keep bringing home critters. He currently is dreading becoming a goat farmer. Yup, wives, lol.

No Drama Please
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
RMK...just smile and nod. And if you want camera advise...ask you know who.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-21-2011, 03:04 PM
So my wife is really into photography. I have no clue what she is talking about when she is telling me about iso, aperture, exposure rates and I tried to surprise her by going into blacks and getting her a macro lens but I didn't end up getting it because I had no idea what the guy was talking about. What do you do with your wife that you have no interest in or no clue as to what she is talking about but go along just to make her happy. Giggle almost got me shot by dragging me along on a photo shoot on st joes island during hunting season. We were hiking down the road through the bush and then we heard the gun shots like right behind it. I wanted to high tail it out of there but she wanted to keep going.
Sleep in another room with the door locked and start cooking your own food and mixing your own drinks cause I think she wanted to hang around there longer when she heard the gunshots for good reason lol

MagicFingers
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
My huband is into computers. Not just computers, but building circuit boards, writing code, building them from the ground up, also inventing things, plus he's into alternative energy stuff. Crazy things like splitting hydrogen out of water, Tesla type stuff. I have no idea what he' talking about 99% of the time. For me, it's all about the smile and nod....jut smile and nod.

My husband is the same way and he is also a not just into computers but that is his job so he is very very serious about it. OK for example....a year ago he took his laptop to work for a specific purpose (by the way I bought the laptop as a surprise for him) so he brought it back home but it didn't work. it turned on but nothing would come up on the screen so he fiddled with it and researched and didn't really know what was wrong. so for a year it was hooked up to our big screen tv and we used it to watch downloaded material on the big screen. Well all of a sudden it dawned on him the other night what might be wrong so he took it all apart and in short fixed it. he was so proud of himself he went on a 45 minute rant of what was wrong and how he fixed it. I was in the middle of watching a tv show and doing something on my laptop but I just pretended to listen and let him go....in the end I said so it works now? and he was like yep...I said all you had to do 45 minutes ago is tell me you fixed it. LOL However when he thinks im not listening I am and I usualy just try to figure out the most important and translate what he is saying hence how I was able to pick out his laptop a few years ago for christmas. He had no idea I was buying him one and he was even more surprised it had everything he wanted and needed in it. Just translate what she says and make a mental note of the most important part and store it away.

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
RMK! DON'T! I repeat DON'T! Do not wear the new hunting out fit Jiggle squirt bought you. Deer antlers on a brown hard hat and a full length fur coat is NEVER acceptable hunting garb. Especially on St. Joe's in the fall.

Get your dictionary and check out the phrase malice of forethought.

MagicFingers
01-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Better yet just don't go to st joes during hunting season. I know a guy who thought he was shooting at a deer and shot some farmers cow. BIG fine BIG....its just best not to go there I hear they shoot at whatever moves.

Giggle Squirt
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey I honestly thought the season ended the day before. It was a nice day.

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
My spouse is into fish/aquariums big time. It makes my eyes glaze over! I just listen politely while he talks about it, cause I know it's important to him. I just let him do his thing, because it's what makes him happy.

PS...rmk next time wear orange!!!

So that's why when I go there he's so excited to take me downstairs. Finally someone to listen to him. lol

everywoman
01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Hahahhaha!! Exactly!!

everywoman
01-21-2011, 05:39 PM
He said to tell you he painted that tank with the wood, black!

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 06:09 PM
How does he like the black? I told him that I did that to one of mine and it turned out awesome.

A*lil*Loopy
01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
So I take it you won't be going back.

yeah, I said it. lol

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
LOL.

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Does it look bigger black or is that a lie?

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
It's NOT a lie... ;)

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Good! I hung a brick on something very near and dear to me in hopes of such magic. I am already half way there it has turned black!

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 11:05 PM
What's that saying......once you go black you won't go back? lol

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
What's that saying......once you go black you won't go back? lol

REALLY??

HEY! What it is, what it was, what it shall be!

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 11:09 PM
this to shall pass.......

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Come on, gimme a break. That is my BEST black imitation.

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
lol...

everywoman
01-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Back on topic perves! Yeah, he like the black!

velle
01-22-2011, 01:36 AM

I start talking about muscle cars.....conversation over!!!!