PDA

View Full Version : Question for touch-screen texters

everywoman
01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
My husband doesn't use his cell phone. He's not into technology at all! But tonight when he saw me texting, he asked how come I don't use my thumbs like he sees lots of other people doing. I don't do it, because I find it easier to use my index finger to text on a touch screen. I'm much faster and more accurate that way.

What do other touch screen people do?

Giggle Squirt
01-21-2011, 10:40 PM
I text with my thumbs mostly. Depending on the situation like if I am sitting at a table I will just put the phone down and use my index finger.

KRP
01-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I use my thumbs holding my phone both vertical and horizontal. I tried the one finger when my phone is vertical and I go right back to using my thumbs.

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Personally I have never texted ( I don't know how ) but the phones I supply to my employees are touch screen and they seem to use their thumbs.

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Personally I have never texted ( I don't know how ) but the phones I supply to my employees are touch screen and they seem to use their thumbs.

Can I be your employee???? I want a touch phone.....

Tutones
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I see room for expansion for carpal Tunnel surgeons in the future!

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Sure, we will find something for you to do.

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Cool!!!! I can do anything and everything. lol

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 11:03 PM
GOOD! You can have my job and all the associated head aches. Deal?

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Now you're getting carried away.....how bout I bring you advil instead? lol

Anapeg
01-21-2011, 11:09 PM
No no no. Going by your avatar you really know how to enjoy yourself and I wanna work with YOU!!!

tippikitty
01-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Well it can be a lot of fun.......;)

Strife
01-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Well it can be a lot of fun.......;)
You've been riding that bike far too long lol lol

Anyways........I use my thumbs when texting

everywoman
01-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Speaking of texting....love this site!!

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/4077/10-most-popular-autocorrects-from-december-2010/

Strife
01-21-2011, 11:31 PM
These are pretty wild. I always get a good laugh: http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/

Amaranth
01-22-2011, 12:01 AM
My kids keep threatening to put my texts and BBMs on this site: http://whenparentstext.com/ Not because I am old and unfamiliar with texting at all (like some of the parents that have their texts submitted), but because I send very weird messages. lol

KRP
01-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Speaking of texting....love this site!!

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/4077/10-most-popular-autocorrects-from-december-2010/

I love that site, anytime I need a bit of cheering up I go through some of the posts on there and it helps.

DeleteAccout
01-22-2011, 03:17 AM
I have the new Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) series of phone. There's a new thing called "Swype" Android introduced a while back. You sweep your finger across the keys and it uses a T3 style of "guessing" what you want. So to answer the question, I use my index finger and I can type 3-5x faster than most texters :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoIOdgkS6dQ

Wonderful!

V Code
01-22-2011, 07:30 AM
I have the new Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) series of phone. There's a new thing called "Swype" Android introduced a while back. You sweep your finger across the keys and it uses a T3 style of "guessing" what you want. So to answer the question, I use my index finger and I can type 3-5x faster than most texters :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoIOdgkS6dQ

Wonderful!

it is not an android app per say. if you do not have a samsung phone your use of it can not be guaranteed. the swype team will only release for manufacturers. if your phone did not come with it, don't go looking for it. sign up for the beat and you will be contacted when you can give it a try.

Punkin
01-22-2011, 08:04 AM
This is funny for texters :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPW8xmI4w6U

I text and bbm with my thumbs.. unless like said above I can lay it on the table :)

chris5
01-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I text with my right index finger... I have a small lg phone and the keypad when the phone is horizontal is so small my thumbs are too big to hit the keys... 40% error rate.... Im getting a blackberry soon tried the key pad and it works great for me.... both thumbs... much faster..

lynys
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I prefer to slide my phone open and use my keypad. So, all thumbs here baby.

ssmarie
01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
TEXTING FOR SENIORS

Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting there appears to be a need
for a Senior Texting Code (STC).

ATD: At The Doctor's

BFF: Best Friend Farted

BTW: Bring The Wheelchair

CGU: Can't get up

CGIU: Can't get it up

DWI: Driving While Incontinent

FWIW: Forgot Where I Was

GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

GHA: Got Heartburn Again

GGLKI: (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In)

HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement

LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out

LOL: Living On Lipitor

OMMR: On My Massage Recliner

OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

PIMP: Pooped in my pants

ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... Can't Get Up

SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop

TTYL: Talk To You Louder

WTF: Wet The Furniture

everywoman
01-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Oh my friggin god!!! PIMP!!!! hahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!

Cher
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I usually use my thumbs....
DWI that is the best!!!! :)

BFLPE
01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I see room for expansion for carpal Tunnel surgeons in the future!
Optometrists are going to be busy too.

NewCasa
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I use my nose.

everywoman
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Show off!

NewCasa
01-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Show off!

Hey, I have a very large nose. Tough to hit exactly the right digits. I only do it because I enjoy the challenge.

dancingqueen
01-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Depends on if I'm driving or not. If I'm not I always use my thumbs, if I am, i switch.
I got the galaxy andriod and it's pretty cool, I was worried about the touch screen because of my fat fingers, but it seems to know what key I was intending on hitting.

nightingale
01-23-2011, 04:07 AM
tsk...tsk....texting while driving...

everywoman
01-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Depends on if I'm driving or not. If I'm not I always use my thumbs, if I am, i switch.
I got the galaxy andriod and it's pretty cool, I was worried about the touch screen because of my fat fingers, but it seems to know what key I was intending on hitting.

Dude!! You just admitted to texting and driving!!

dancingqueen
01-23-2011, 01:47 PM
And I've never denied it either :wink:
P.S. you have too :tongue:

dancingqueen
01-23-2011, 01:47 PM
tsk...tsk....texting while driving...

you should try it... WHAT A RUSH!

everywoman
01-23-2011, 01:50 PM
When did I admit to it? I'm not denying it either...but I kinda wait til the lights to do it.

dancingqueen
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
When did I admit to it? I'm not denying it either...but I kinda wait til the lights to do it.

I don't know, some other thread...
waiting till the lights???
Comon, live a little!

Scoff
01-24-2011, 12:56 PM
No no no. Going by your avatar you really know how to enjoy yourself and I wanna work with YOU!!!

LOL ...

For months I've seen her avatar and thought something along those lines.

Bike? It looks like she's getting railed from behind ...

Good stuff.

As for the OP: Yes, thumbs ... only fingers when it's laying flat on a table or desk and I only have one-hand available.

/Waits for the "one-handed typing" joke.

The texting/talking while driving thing must be a "girl" thing, just like Facebook (for the most part). I see people all the time driving and talking/texting and 9 times out of 10 they're a female. It's annoying that people can't follow a simple rule.

I tend to want to run my car into them and then blame them that they couldn't drive properly because they were busy with the phone.

"Check the phone stats officer!"

Case closed. ;)

dancingqueen
01-24-2011, 06:35 PM
LOL ...

For months I've seen her avatar and thought something along those lines.

Bike? It looks like she's getting railed from behind ...

Good stuff.

As for the OP: Yes, thumbs ... only fingers when it's laying flat on a table or desk and I only have one-hand available.

/Waits for the "one-handed typing" joke.

The texting/talking while driving thing must be a "girl" thing, just like Facebook (for the most part). I see people all the time driving and talking/texting and 9 times out of 10 they're a female. It's annoying that people can't follow a simple rule.

I tend to want to run my car into them and then blame them that they couldn't drive properly because they were busy with the phone.

"Check the phone stats officer!"

Case closed. ;)

If you hit me from behind, it doest matter if my phone is on the seat with a text screen up, you will still be a fault.

It's annoying that people can't follow a simple rule.

01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
I have Vlingo for my phone. I talk, it types :)

KRP
01-24-2011, 08:00 PM
I have Vlingo for my phone. I talk, it types :)

I'll have to check that one out, it'll make it a lot easier for me right now. I've been stuck wearing my wrist brace for the past week which makes it a little difficult to text.