PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT)

Juggs
01-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Has anyone ever done this test? If so what kind of questions are on it. I'm going back to school and I have to write this test. I'm a little worried because I've been out of school for so long!

Arcana XV
01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
why would you want to go back to school when you have big jugs?

Juggs
01-22-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm asking a serious question now, I know I can be a pain on this board at times but I am really asking for help. Would it help if I changed my avatar?

Arcana XV
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Why do you want to go back to school? Don't you know that thousands of students have dropped out of school so that they can go wild, be crazy and do it like rabbits before the world comes to an end? LOL

Luv'inLife
01-22-2011, 12:00 PM
the questions are based on grade levels, spelling, comprehension, math and science...it is too see what grade level you are at.

Amaranth
01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I did the English one about three or four years ago, before I started college. It was easy. Some of the questions were something like, "which word is spelled incorrectly?" or "is there a problem with the grammar in this sentence and if so, which of the following is wrong with it?" I had no problem with the test and I had been out of school for... a while. :)

Juggs
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
the questions are based on grade levels, spelling, comprehension, math and science...it is too see what grade level you are at.

I'm worried about the math part is it just basic math with fractions or is it trigonometry and stuff like that?

Barry Morris
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Juggs, don't worry about it. This type of test is aimed at adults. No BS in it, all practical stuff.

It's probably multiple choice, too. A few pointers to let you relax.

First, on average, assuming 4 possible answers per question, if you choose at random, you'll get an average score of at least 25 percent.

Then, read the questions. Two answers are usually out to lunch. So cross them out. If you randomly choose at this point, you get 50 percent. Added to the average from the random choice above, you've already passed.

Now consider the last two possibilities. One will be close, and one will be right.

You can't lose!!!

Juggs
01-22-2011, 12:09 PM
I have been out of school for 25 years now...so just the thought of a test makes me nervous! Let alone trying to remember things I learned way back when!

Luv'inLife
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I would say just do what you can, its not based on how many you do, its based on which question you get right...it tells them what grade level your at, dont panic,just do what you know how to do...good luck [I did it and did quite well considering I had no clue, you'll be fine]

Juggs
01-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks Luv & soundbear I feel a little better!

Juggs
01-22-2011, 12:13 PM
If the questions had to do with hooters would you still be worried? :)

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=what+kind+of+questions+are+on+a+CAAT+test&btnG=Google+Search

Hell nooooo....haha

CANDY_74
01-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey Juggs,
What exactly is this test for [Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) ]? Are you going back to get your high school diploma? Or what exactly is it?

I know someone who only needs 2.5 credits to get his high school diploma (hes 46yrs old and has been out of high school for a long time...lol...)but here in the Soo theres no night classes anymore, and at the Henry the only option they have for him is 1 semester (Feb. - June) and he could only get 1 credit....so in other words it would take him 2.5 years to get his diploma, which I think is CRAZY!!!

And the online option or at home won't work for him as hes tried it and just didnt do the work after awhile..lol...
So he needs in-class/at school or else it won't get done...lol..

Or if anyone has any ideas please let me know also...Thanks :)

Juggs
01-22-2011, 03:32 PM
I’m going to Sault college for computer tech. it’s a three year course. I have to write this test because I have been out of school for so long and I need to see if I need upgrading.

fixed it NEW CASA thanks

CANDY_74
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
ok thanks :)

NewCasa
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I’m going to Sault college for computer tech. it’s a three year coarse. I have to write this test because I have been out of school for so long and I need to see if I need upgrading.

course

Use a spellchecker dammit. If you're going back to school it's important. And no, I'm not being anal. I've reviewed tons of papers and the spelling and grammar are often so distracting you miss the entire point the person is trying to make.

Luv'inLife
01-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Juggs,
What exactly is this test for [Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) ]? Are you going back to get your high school diploma? Or what exactly is it?

I know someone who only needs 2.5 credits to get his high school diploma (hes 46yrs old and has been out of high school for a long time...lol...)but here in the Soo theres no night classes anymore, and at the Henry the only option they have for him is 1 semester (Feb. - June) and he could only get 1 credit....so in other words it would take him 2.5 years to get his diploma, which I think is CRAZY!!!

And the online option or at home won't work for him as hes tried it and just didnt do the work after awhile..lol...
So he needs in-class/at school or else it won't get done...lol..

Or if anyone has any ideas please let me know also...Thanks :)

tell him to do the GED...it is usually done in the spring and fall, you can get the book to study for it, its a 2 day exam.

Blue Lotus Rising
01-22-2011, 09:56 PM
course

Use a spellchecker dammit. If you're going back to school it's important. And no, I'm not being anal. I've reviewed tons of papers and the spelling and grammar are often so distracting you miss the entire point the person is trying to make.

It's a good thing that our spelling and grammar are top notch. We never misunderstand what the other is trying to say. :)

Juggs
01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
course

All fixes NewCasa Thank you!