PDA

View Full Version : Fostering cats/kittens

AmdWolfman
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
How does one go about fostering kittens,or cats. They have to be fixxed and NON sprayers,non aggressive towards new habitat,pls no OUTDOOR cats. I will take care of the older ones also for you . . I would be interested in helping TAAG if they need it. If my house needs to be looked at by someone,it will ONLY be Cheryl. If u know anything feel free to post. If your post has nothing to do with what I have said I don't need fifty people jumping down my throat. Of course I cannot take any sick ones due too spreading germs to others and myself for that matter. The have to be LITTER trained.

magic mushroom
01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
http://animalassistancegroup.org/volunteer-online-application/

AmdWolfman
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
tyvm

Jst4u
01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Just an FYI, I've fostered quite a few litters of kittens and there was never any mess in regards to the litter box. I swear, cats are born just knowing where to go lol And kittens are so much fun!

kitca
01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
another FYI, most animal ailments are not spreadable to humans - like your cat cant catch your cold or visaversa.

TNT
01-26-2011, 01:49 PM
How does one go about fostering kittens,or cats. They have to be fixxed and NON sprayers,non aggressive towards new habitat,pls no OUTDOOR cats. I will take care of the older ones also for you . . I would be interested in helping TAAG if they need it. If my house needs to be looked at by someone,it will ONLY be Cheryl. If u know anything feel free to post. If your post has nothing to do with what I have said I don't need fifty people jumping down my throat. Of course I cannot take any sick ones due too spreading germs to others and myself for that matter. The have to be LITTER trained.

you're asking alot here. You state you're interested in fostering kittens yet they MUST be litter trained. Thats not usually the case. Even the stress of entering a new home will cause a cat to dirty elsewhere. Not all the time but most times.
You're basically asking to foster the "perfect" cat, if you find one let me know. Ill be interested. lol
generally speaking, these kind of cats are few and far between in a foster program.

Just have some patience, let any cat/kitten adjust, they will do great. I mean no disrespect here. Just letting u know that what you're asking is pretty unreasonble.

AmdWolfman
01-27-2011, 08:09 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,NeverMind

Upper Decker
01-28-2011, 09:56 AM
I wouldnt get too worked up aboiut what an unethical backyard breeder has to say dude. The animal people here are extremist freaks.

I Wonder Why
01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Maybe TNT is a little extreme but her comments are pretty much bang on on this topic

MagicFingers
01-28-2011, 11:25 AM
I wouldnt get too worked up aboiut what an unethical backyard breeder has to say dude. The animal people here are extremist freaks.

Well if we are ALL extremist freaks I guess that also makes you one since your in this section. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE! REgardless if TNT is a backyard breeder she is dead on right about this. Say what you want but right is right, wrong is wrong and in this case she isn't wrong.

Super Gram
01-28-2011, 01:42 PM
:cat::thumbs_up::rose:

Joy.D
01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Shelter cats , strays, released pets all under go a certain amount of stress from their changes of environment. How the cat reacts to the changes depends on the individual cat. Some cats adjust well and integrate themselves into the new household easily. Many panic from too many changes in their lives and require time and patience to adjust. They may hide under your couch for 2 weeks only coming out at night to use the litter box. They may cry inssessantly(sp). When a cat is stressed their immune system does'nt work effectively and they may get an upper respiratory infection that may last for a few days to a few weeks. A good diet, calm home and vet check if needed will resolve most if not all of these issues.

Remembering some cats come from homes where their owner of many years has passed away. Or they have come from very stressful homes, or they have lived outside for a while.Some cats their history is unknown. Some were born and have grown up in the shelter environment and will be stressed because they are not around 20+ cats. Many cats have many different stories and all require patience and love and understanding.

No cat is perfect. Although they seem to think so. LOL

HuskyWillow
01-28-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry but really how is TNT a byb? Byb's only breed for the money, they couldn't care less about the dog/cat itself. TNT has actually taken puppies they've sold back from homes where they're being neglected and untreated, their puppies are vet checked and taken to the vet before sold, they just retired a dog (Tink) because the dog is not a money making machine for the, rather a pet. Their mother dogs are vet certified to be breed and have to pass a test, and they make sure no puppy is gone to an inappropriate home. TNT is by no means a byb to me. I don't see why this whole forum is full of hate. TNT hit the nail on the head by stating that rarely is a foster pet going to meet the qualifications of that AmdWolfman specified, holy hell I mean TNT didn't even insult them, I thought their comment was polite. Regardless of what the people in this thread say you should go through with fostering and help an animal live happily. Best of luck!

TNT
01-29-2011, 09:56 AM
LMAO dont be a hater. lol I simply stated that this was fairly unreasonable. Its safe to say so. I do hope he is able to help the animal community, I just hope he`s aware that its not fool proof and there will be accidents.
As far as the BYB, lol. Again you know nothing of me. Perhaps if you ever so slightly more informed, you`d speak differently. Not that that matters in the least to me. If im a BYB, then wonderful. Hopefully more `ckc`breeders will begin to follow my practices. :P

Dragonfly
01-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I really don't understand why it is taking you so long to get an animal. You've been looking for ages, between TAAG and The Humane Society there are many many cats. What's the hold up?? Are you just being really picky??

MagicFingers
01-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Maybe it isn't him being picky.......But I have been wondering the same thing...and everytime another post comes up I shake my head.

lk_wicked
02-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Not having ever met or known this person..... but usually if a shelter doesn't take a person up on their offer. Then maybe they don't intend to. I have no idea. What I do know, is that a professional nonprofit or for profit agency, certainly wouldn't state their reasons on a public forum. That being said, I am sure there are other volunteer organizations that would appreciate this person's time and efforts. Like I said, I do not know anything about this specific case, just saying, maybe I am shaking my head too. lol