PDA

View Full Version : 40 min+ for a burger?

Giggle Squirt
01-24-2011, 06:49 PM
So If anyone wants a quick meal avoid the restaurant that opened in the old ubetchas. 40 min+ waiting right now for one burger. There are 2 people at the bar and abou 6 other people in here. Just a burger. Nothing special.

Macs II
01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I would've left after 5 minutes

Giggle Squirt
01-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Someone told me their service was super slow also. Guess they weren't lying.

MagicFingers
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I thought it was the same owners as Joey Calzones they just moved to the old Ubetcha and if that IS the case it doesn't surprise me. Joey Calzones was always slow when I was there even when no one else was in there and I didn't really think their food was all that good.

Dragonfly
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I thought it was the same owners as Joey Calzones they just moved to the old Ubetcha and if that IS the case it doesn't surprise me. Joey Calzones was always slow when I was there even when no one else was in there and I didn't really think their food was all that good.

Agreed. On that note, I miss Ubetchas

MagicFingers
01-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Agreed. On that note, I miss Ubetchas

Also agreed I very much liked them as well!

chase_me
01-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Umm yeah hemi and I went there friday for dinner.

First we were put at a table in the corner with no light above it, had to order from the menu using light from our cell phones, waiter actually asked if we wanted a flashlight.

Ordered Bruchetta bread for appetizer, took 45 min to just get that.

Ordered chicken finger n fries for me and philly steak for him, took another 30 minutes after the app.

Service was terrible, slow and just not happy, we will not be returning

Dragonfly
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
I loved this restaurants wraps before, but then I got a bone in one. Was pretty disgusted, won't go back either.

KDawg
01-24-2011, 08:43 PM
I was there just before Christmas...the food was good and the service was excellent, but it's not cheap. It cost me $20 for a sandwich, fries and one beer (a side of gravy was $2).

tippikitty
01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
I went there a couple weeks ago with my Aunt. We were going to the 7 o'clock movie. Not only did it take forever!!! When I got my burger...it was raw and I mean RAW. Even my aunt told me to stop eating it. lol. They did offer to cook another one, but with it taking as long as the second coming.....we didn't have time. I went to the movie starving and had to fill up on popcorn. :(
The time before I had the shrimp and it was bad.....the cook apologized and was asked if I wanted something else. Don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

Giggle Squirt
01-24-2011, 10:03 PM
RMK did complain. He went to the owner. Apparently our order didn't go into the system till 40 min after we ordered. They had a "computer glitch" But no one could go into the back and tell the cook hey make a burger while we figure out this computer system.... It was dead. If it was a busy night I could understand waiting for my food. We were put in the corner with no light LOL and yes I actually used my cellphone to read the menu. I didn't order anything just had a coffee. I will stick with Huskey. last week My son went on a date with his aunt there and they went an hour before the movie. Ordered a kids burger and a wrap. By the time the food came they had to get it to go to make the show and he had to eat in the theater.

IMHO
01-24-2011, 10:36 PM
I have yet to hear anything good about this place. Many have warned me that their prices are way to high...gotta pay that big rent i guess. Well I will not be gouged. I do not mind paying a fair price for a meal but if the prices are way up there...they will be closing soon...lack of support. I never liked the old place either...slow service and mediocre food.

tippikitty
01-24-2011, 11:03 PM
The only thing they got going for them is that they're the only restaurant in the mall. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

SIMBA
01-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Never liked it there.

starterwiz
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I got a meat lover's pizza at the old place, and you could smell the rotten sausage as soon as it was on the table. Never been back since.

everywoman
01-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Nasty!

cuteandcuddly
01-24-2011, 11:48 PM
I miss Mister M's...now that was one fabulous restaurant in the mall

Jackie B
01-25-2011, 12:14 AM
I worked at Mister M's....half my life ago. Loved the cheese balls dunked in marinara sauce.

Xzavia
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
WoW...we went in there for lunch a couple weeks ago, me, the kids, mom, my sisters and their offspring. We had no problems, waiter was on top of drink refills, making sure we had everything, appetizers and food didn't take long either and was hot and cooked the way it was meant to be.

My favourite is their eggplant parmesan!

I liked the old restaraunt better for layout and seating mind you, but everything has to change sometime. The waiter told us they had to move to make room for the new sports store going in where they were. Looked like quite a few stores had to move to accomodate it. As for the size difference the other place was to big and this one is more in line with what they wanted or something. I agree it is kinda darkish and cozy though.

MaO3
01-25-2011, 09:03 AM
We had one of those experiences with the same place. Before the Blue Man group, we arrived at 5:15, were seated quickly and ordered a cocktail & an appetizer, while we waited for our dinner companions to arrive. They arrived at 5:30, we still had no drinks. Finally at 5:35 our drinks arrived, our companions ordered theres. It was another 10 + before they got thier drinks. 6:00 pm rolls around and still no app. The waitress appoligized of course and took our dinner order. We asked if there was a "chance" that we'd get dinner before 7:30? She assured us that whatever the problem was, it had been fixed.
About 6:05 our appetizer arrives. At 7:20 we left the restaurant - without ever having received our dinner. We spoke repeatedly with the staff and nothing. I called the following day and spoke to the Owner - he apologized and promised to send me gift certificates. They were just like my dinner --- they never arrived either!

Our last visit to that particular establishment.

IMHO
01-25-2011, 09:45 AM
HOW does this place survive????? I can see a few negative comments but really.....many people have had a negative experience. I hope the owner not only reads these comments but cares to fix what is a major problem about to affect his bottom line.