PDA

View Full Version : Antler's Soo Mich?

Evil Monkey
01-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Anyone been there since the new owners took over? We went last weekend and we were not all that impressed with the food at all. Service was excellent but the food was not that great. May have been because it was extremely busy in there. We will probably try it again once more to see if it is any better the 2nd time. Anyone else been and had good food there?

RWGR
01-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I haven't been there, but have heard the food is the best it has ever been, and then heard it is terrible from the next person.

Seriously, if you put ten people together and asked them, five would say it's fabulous, and five would say blecch. The people aren't saying "It's okay", or "it's not bad"; they're saying one extreme or the other.

Not sure what's going on.

Evil Monkey
01-29-2011, 10:09 AM
We had heard it was excellent as well. We went with a few friends last Sat night and none of our meals was anywhere near excellent. There were 8 of us and we all ordered something different. They were also out of a lot of stuff on the menu. Waitress said they were busy and ran out of a lot of things. Even the Prime Rib special she told us they had for the night, they were sold out of?
We got our food that we did order almost instantly. A few of us ordered Bison and asked for it cooked well but came to the table FULL of blood! When we asked to have it cooked more the cook came out and advised us that Bison always stays red and bleeds? I have never heard of this before but I could be wrong.

RWGR
01-29-2011, 10:23 AM
I've heard about the running out of food issues. Seems to me that is due to the possible inexperience of the new owner as a business person. He should understand, quickly, that it is better to be over-stocked than to run out. Word of mouth is the best advertisement any place could get. Let people hear about running out of food, numerous times, and the damage to your business could be significant over the long-term.

RWGR
01-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I've only been there once since it re-opened. It was mid-July. Met some friends, and seeing I could not get there until late I didn't order food, just a drink.

My friends said the food was great. As for my Crown and Seven, well, it could have got half of Thessalon drunk. It was a dandy.

dancingqueen
01-29-2011, 11:57 PM
As for my Crown and Seven, well, it could have got half of Thessalon drunk. It was a dandy.

LOL!

Jack Butler
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM
As for my Crown and Seven, well, it could have got half of Thessalon drunk. It was a dandy.

I can tell you've never been to the Sinton!