PDA

View Full Version : Dogsitting

GoldDogs
01-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I am wondering how many people would take advantage of a dogsitter in Sault Ste. Marie? The business is growing in bigger, urban centers, but how many people in our small town would use one?

What do you think when you hear "dogsitter" and what would you expect from one?

MagicFingers
01-30-2011, 11:43 AM
No I would not use a dog sitter I always use a family or friend....and I wouldn't send my dog to like say a doggy daycare.....my pets are good at home for the time I am gone.

Luv'inLife
01-30-2011, 11:48 AM
there are a few places in and around town that offer this service, so I guess people do use it.

TNT
02-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I would be very concerned about fleas and other communucable disease. You can only be so careful and diseases spread so quickly. I'd also be very leary of dog fights. Just like pple not all dogs are compatible personalities, it could turn into an ugly situation.

A*lil*Loopy
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a friend who does it and she is spectacular. Some people are good with dogs and some people are just amazing.
I know when she has them, she only ever has one at a time and usually for a weekend/week. They go everywhere with her, to the beach, the park, etc and she runs them and plays them out completely. I've met a few of the happy little campers.

I would certainly use a service like that but I am in a situation where I would have to hire someone to come into my home and stay for the duration. The would have to care for dogs, cats, goats, horses and poultry. So I guess I'd just need a farm hand. We've never been on vacation because of this.

TNT
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I have a friend who does it and she is spectacular. Some people are good with dogs and some people are just amazing.
I know when she has them, she only ever has one at a time and usually for a weekend/week. They go everywhere with her, to the beach, the park, etc and she runs them and plays them out completely. I've met a few of the happy little campers.

I would certainly use a service like that but I am in a situation where I would have to hire someone to come into my home and stay for the duration. The would have to care for dogs, cats, goats, horses and poultry. So I guess I'd just need a farm hand. We've never been on vacation because of this.

holy and I thought i had my hands ful!! you need a vacation! lol

A*lil*Loopy
02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Taking donations for somewhere tropical with white sand................lol

leafs93
02-02-2011, 07:16 PM
No, I personally would never use one. Thanks to my dog getting attacked by a neighbourhood dog 3 times, she is not a dog you would just hand off to anyone. She also doesn't trust strangers. Even if I had a different dog, I don't think I could do it. So much could go wrong. And usually when things go wrong between dogs it happens fast and is usually nasty. If I ever took a vacation, it would have to be somewhere that she could come too. Rent a cabin on a lake, something like that.

MagicFingers
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I am babysitting my parents dog for 4 weeks while they are in florida. We usually have fun when the dog stays here.

Jst4u
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Hey loopy, it's possible to find a sucker to watch your farm for you! lol I'm currently in the middle of a 3 week stretch watching my friends stables while she's in Florida...and I'm doing it for free! lol There's 8 horses, 2 cats and 2 dogs. Let me tell you, I've NEVER in my LIFE shovelled so much poop!! lol

Oh, and I've watched my moms farm while they were gone to Saskachewan...she has chickens and a pig lol

I'd be happy to help you out anytime!

TNT
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
No, I personally would never use one. Thanks to my dog getting attacked by a neighbourhood dog 3 times, she is not a dog you would just hand off to anyone. She also doesn't trust strangers. Even if I had a different dog, I don't think I could do it. So much could go wrong. And usually when things go wrong between dogs it happens fast and is usually nasty. If I ever took a vacation, it would have to be somewhere that she could come too. Rent a cabin on a lake, something like that.

I feel the same, I have a dog who was attacked be the neighbors dog also. It most certainly changed his entire personality! Sad. We take all of our guys everywhere. Besides a cabin on the lake would be ideal vac anyways.