PDA

View Full Version : Why has my dog taken up crapping in the neighbor's yard?

HuskyWillow
01-30-2011, 06:42 PM
So lately I've been noticing that when I let my dog out she walks across the street and poos in the neighbor's yard. She's a 9 year old husky. The neighbor's dogs aren't even outside when she does this. She's never done this before, just this past week I've noticed her walking across the street to go poo. I tell her not to and say no but nothing. Any reason why? And yes I do go pick up the poop for the neighbors. :)
Thanks for the help.

Luv'inLife
01-30-2011, 06:49 PM
she is keeping her space clean...I hope she doesnt get hit by a car crossing the street.

tippikitty
01-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes please tie up your dog. It shouldn't be leaving it's yard to do anything.

Peety
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
The dog across the road use to do the same thing.

bluekrissyspikes
01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
my question is why is the dog allowed to leave your yard when you aren't with it and it's not leashed? if it doesn't want to listen put it on a chain.

HuskyWillow
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Okay people, the thing in the aporx. 10 years I've had the dog she's never once left the yard when I let her out, the street I live has barely enough traffic that she's in danger even by crossing the street. I posted this thread because I wanted to know if this was something that I should get check out by the vet like if she's getting old or something.

kitca
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
i have no idea why she would start doing that. maybe she is mad at the neighbours for something! thats what they do when they are mad at us, the sh*t on our favorite chair or side of the bed.

Melanie Booker
02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I posted this thread because I wanted to know if this was something that I should get check out by the vet like if she's getting old or something.

lol, i highly doubt that the vet has a cure for aging ;)

A*lil*Loopy
02-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Depending on her age, senility is a possibility. Really start getting concerned if she goes out and forgets, then needs out again because she forgets. Dogs get dementia just like people and it's scary for us and them. For now, you may need to tie her up since she may wander farther and into traffic.

gouligann
02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
She may have tried it once, got away with it, enjoyed the stroll and decided that it is nicer to just stroll over there now instead of staying in her own boring yard. If she's never wandered out of your yard before because of your training, time to brush up on her training or tie her up to be safe, even though you don't have much traffic on your street.

TNT
02-04-2011, 10:32 AM
My aunt had a dog like that. Never left the yard. Was never trained not to just never felt the need to. she would walk around her boundries, wander and sniff and sleep under the truck. Never left the yard for 12 yrs. She was hit by a car when she was 13. :(

please be careful, hate to see you lose an old friend. :(