PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Help

animal lover
02-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I have been contacted by a man who bought a puppy from a local breeder, only to have it die of parvo a few days later.
He is looking for others who bought a puppy from this breeder that died or had been very ill from parvo.

If you or someone you know has had a similar experience please contact me at karen@soonews.ca.

I don't want to give out the breeder's name on here or it will have to be deleted so please don't refer to anyone specific on this bulletin board. We can discuss this once you have contacted me.

Thank you for your time.

TNT
02-05-2011, 10:45 AM
If you tell us the breed of dog it will help. :( Poor pup.

animal lover
02-05-2011, 03:48 PM
It is one of those small mixed breeds that a lot of puppy mills and backyard breeders are selling to make a fast buck.

TNT
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
ah ok. Will keep an open ear. that ones tricky as there are sooooooo many.

animal lover
02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Think area outside the city limits

Peety
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Think area outside the city limits

North or East.

kitca
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
omg, didnt this happen last year? i seem to remember alot of puppies very sick. i think the breeder was selling through 3rd parties also. so sad! i hope you can do something to shut them down!

animal lover
02-07-2011, 10:33 PM
East peety.
And yes Liz, it's happening again. I lost a lot of cantact information from two years ago and I'm hoping that some of those people will get in touch with me again soon.

TNT
02-08-2011, 10:51 AM
same ones? For the love of god.

animal lover
02-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Please read this and help if you can. I'm trying to get as many people as I can to come forward:

http://soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=29732

all emails will be kept confidential unless you say otherwise.
thank you very much

zoo crew
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Okay I just read your article. That is absolutely awful. I live in the Desbarats area and that's just a little close to home. Hopefully we are able to do something to stop these so called breeders from raising sick little puppies. I just can't get over that. Good luck Karen, I know you don't give up.

animal lover
02-18-2011, 03:54 PM
thanks zoocrew.and don't worry I won't give up. I recently met a man who had what he called a "purebred" yorkie. i asked him where he got it and he got it from this same breeder. The breeder had told him it was a purebred.The dog had colors of a yorkie, but actually it looked like a chihauhau with an orange mustache.
I wonder if this guy even knew what a yorkie was.

I'm still getting emails about this breeder and the health issues that they have with their dogs.

there are a few people in the Desbarats area and beyond who are selling animals that are not what they were advertised as. you probably know a few of them Zoo, I feel fo these animals because I know they are nnot being properly cared for. One person is well known for her cruelty to animals but she's still going strong.

I wish we had better animal protection laws. it could make such a difference.

lk_wicked
02-18-2011, 08:06 PM
It really just makes me frustrated and angry, because the powers that be who have the authority to do something about it, choose to not get involved. after all what else are we to think, when it is well known among animal lovers all over the city, that regardless of the laws that exist, no one enforces the laws we already have. I have heard this same statement said over and over again, when I come across people who have such terrible and sad stories to share. I know we have bylaws and I know there are animal cruelty laws, what I dont know is why these stories repeatedly crop up in here, and there is never any justice for anyone who becomes victimized by these back yard breeders.

I hope any one who knows anything or has information that could provide proof or evidence in these cases step up to the plate as a group and support one another in taking a stand and helping to have charges laid against the guilty parties.

Good luck. And pass the word sooneters lets help make a case to make this abusive cycle stop.

animal lover
02-19-2011, 06:33 PM
thank You Totally wicked.
the more voices that speak up, the better.

I'm trying to find as many people as I can who got a sick or dying puppy from these people,

Maybe this time we can collectively get enough people to stand up and publicize the conmditons and actions of these unscrupulous breeders.