PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops...Playstation Network...SHAW or BELL ???

Fisher
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I have had some real problems with shaw internet on the Playstation Network with only getting 3 bars of green instead of 4 like i should running Extreme speed with shaw and with a gateway...this has been frustrating beyond anything...

Its unfair while in game play...i should get top speed...I pay for it in our area!

On computer speed test is great (20mbs)
On PS3 Browser speed test is Awesome speed (28mbs)

Playstation Network...Black ops... not the best 8.5mps saddd...

So if anyone plays Black ops online please let me know what your connection is like...Please...I am considering going to bell because of this....

Iíve talked to shaw, activison, playstation, and playstation network...no working solutions...so changing internet providers seem the best thing to do...so if u run bell in our area can u post on how your connection... is it a steady 4 bars...???

Living in the soo is so hard because we pay top dollar for out dated techs...while the money in more populated area are being spent with our out dated services...bell or shaw do not provide even have the speeds that are provided in southern Ontario...not fair...charge us less i say...

If these services were avaiable in Asia they would not even pay for these speeds...its too slow,,,thats a dissapointment...how much more are we going to pay???

Fisher
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Playstation 3 we are talking about...srry

DamianBlade
02-06-2011, 08:56 AM
i get a steady 4 bars when hard wired.

DarkAssassin
02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I also have Shaw's extreme internet, most of the time i have 4 bars, but it all depends on who i'm playing with it seems. On another note u are playing on PS3 which is sad to say a really bad port from the 360 version, PC and Ps3 have been having problems with lag, connection issue and a **** load of other problems, it has gotten better with some updates and patches but it still lags behind the 360 version. One thing that u might want to try is putting ur PS3 in the DMZ which kinda bypasses the routers firewall i think and also be hard connected don't do wireless as that will slow u down and also try not to use the net for downloading with your laptops or PC as that will also effect it. I have spoken to Shaw many times in regards to this and the best they could tell me was to get a gaming router lol, yeah like i have like 200 to spend on a gaming router lol

AmdWolfman
02-06-2011, 01:35 PM
O'man. What ever u do "DO NOT GO TO BELL "

Fisher
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Shaw has been telling me all kinds of things...try this, do this and so far nothing works...so ive started a clan tag called (3BAR)...lol

the area in the east end has been getting a lot of saturation shaw tells me...so nothing has changed so far...will call this week again to activison and try other games on the network to see if its only black ops...ive thought about setting up the DMZ but i have 2 playstations,,, the need to be entered and the gateway does not allow one only...the saga continues...

Fisher
02-07-2011, 12:15 AM
bell or shaw.

DarkAssassin
02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
do you use both PS3's to play online Black Ops, if its just u then i would put only the one in the DMZ and leave the other out for other things like playing offline or other games. Like i sayed it was really bad in the beginning but its gotten better on Black Ops but its still not like any of the other PS3 games that i play online. I also have 2 PS3's, one is for offline in the bedroom which i watch movies streamed from the PC, and when i feel like playing at night while in bed and the other which is in the DMZ in the living room for online. On a side note 3 BARS is better then no BARS lol.

2ne1
02-09-2011, 02:32 PM
im on shaw and i have 4 bars all the time, and im using wifi

cybolynx
02-10-2011, 06:03 PM
its peer to peer gamming thats the issue and you can blame consoles for that mainly xbox live that so many people bought into ......if the host say is picked and he is in mexico then you will have a crap connection ... xbox live ps3 wii they all drop out ... bell shaw dont mater had both connections ... lag is inevitable ... bandwidth means almost nothing when gamming ... servers are and always will be the the best setup ...

then say you share the internet with your family ... every computer will take a chunk out of your ping rate ...