PDA

View Full Version : Photo printing

MissMuffett
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
What would b the best choice in getting my photos printed professionally. I have a photoshoot for a family coming up next month and I want to know if it's smarter to print them off @ home or send them away to get professionally done?

NewCasa
02-15-2011, 01:35 PM
I just did a bunch for a wedding and Blacks' actually did fine with them. I used to use Custom Colour Photo professionally, but I haven't for quite a while. They're down on Queen near RYTAC.

verotik66
02-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Blacks is your best bet in town.

tippikitty
03-20-2011, 09:47 PM
What is the difference between Blacks or Walmart printing your photos?

NewCasa
03-20-2011, 09:50 PM
What is the difference between Blacks or Walmart printing your photos?

I know the guy who does much of the printing for Blacks'. He's been into photography very heavily for quite some time. I have no idea who does the printing for Walmart. The quality of the printing still depends quite a bit on the person running the machine.

Melanie Booker
03-21-2011, 09:01 AM
What would b the best choice in getting my photos printed professionally. I have a photoshoot for a family coming up next month and I want to know if it's smarter to print them off @ home or send them away to get professionally done?

my girlfriend does photography from her home also, she makes a disc of all the pics and lets the person pick and choose - print off what they want - where they want. just another option for you to condsider.
good luck with your photo shoot! :)

icecapp
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, anytime I go to up load to blacks site it wants a credit card, so I usually use walmart and pay in the store.. I have in the past used blacks but I use walmart more so now, anything under a 11X14 is printed local after that comes in from new market, I just actually had a 20x32 printed at walmart had it in to get it framed at the glass shop and she was rather surprised of where it was printed.

tippikitty
03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I know the guy who does much of the printing for Blacks'. He's been into photography very heavily for quite some time. I have no idea who does the printing for Walmart. The quality of the printing still depends quite a bit on the person running the machine.

Hmmm...I had no idea. I Just thought they would turn out the same no matter where you got them printed.

NewCasa
03-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Hmmm...I had no idea. I Just thought they would turn out the same no matter where you got them printed.

Try Custom Colour Photo down on Queen St. sometime. That's a pro printer. Not even sure if they're still open, but if they are that's where I'd go for the best quality in town.

tippikitty
03-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Good to know....thanks!

verotik66
03-21-2011, 11:40 PM
walmart is crap