PDA

View Full Version : Password will not stay

IMHO
02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
The other day when cleaning up files I deleted the cookies. Of course I had to put all my passwords back in on every site I use. Since then the passwords will not stay...even those sites where I have the choice of selecting a box that will keep them. It is a royal pain having to enter them each time. WHat did I do wrong and how can I fix the problem once and for all?

PlasmaX
02-17-2011, 08:51 AM
In Internet options check if you have delete browsing history on exit checked. If you do then you must click the Delete button next to the checkbox and make sure that Form Data and Passwords are unchecked so they don't get deleted each time you close your browser. This is if you are using IE

IMHO
02-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Plasmax...thank you...that solved my problem. Question...is it ever necessary to delete cookies?

NewCasa
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Plasmax...thank you...that solved my problem. Question...is it ever necessary to delete cookies?

I think that's the first thing I'd delete if I decided to go on a diet.

PlasmaX
02-17-2011, 11:06 AM
It's not necessary ... but make sure you have good virus/spyware protection as their are a lot of forms of malware that utilize cookies to infect your computer.